Tough Love

16 weeks pregnant-
Over the last few weeks Danny stayed in touch with Matthew. Matthew was seeing a therapist and no longer taking drugs. Jessica was still shook by the whole situation and angry. She didn't speak of it much. She would ask Danny about how he was but that was all. Matthew later became upset with Jessica for not calling.
Jessica was 16 weeks, her morning sickness became for extreme and she was very tired. Danny and Jessica were finding out the gender of the baby. Jessica planned on telling her family after they find out the gender.

Jessica and Danny drove to the doctors office.

"Are you nervous?" Danny says looking at Jessica during the red light.

"Yea, I want to know they gender." Jessica bounces her foot.

"I think it's a boy."

"Me too." Jessica smiles

*phone rings*

Jessica looks at Danny as he answers the phone.

"Hello?" Danny says

"Hey Danny. It's me." Matthew says

"Hey kid, how are you?"

"A lot better. I was evaluated today."

Jessica listens in on the conversation and Danny looks at her.

"What did they say?"

"I guess I have depression...."

The phone call was silent. Danny cleared his throat.

"I- I don't know what to say. I am sorry."

"I am sorry for everything I put you through Danny. Thank you for helping me."

"I just don't want you doing the things you did. How many days?"

"3 weeks."

"Good, good. I am proud of you. Are you going to continue seeing the therapist?"

"Yes. She helps me a lot. I am just ready for football to be over."

"Only a few more months. Do you want to talk to your mom? We are getting ready to find out the gender."

"Ahh, I have to go."

"Oh okay. We'll talk to you tomorrow."

Danny hangs up the phone.

"Depression...." Jessica says

"Yea. He is getting help, things will get better."

"This is all my fault."

"No it isn't. Don't you dare say that Jessica!"

"I am his mom. I am such a bitch for kicking him out, for not talking to him. All this stuff Katie put him through, the pressure that's put on him, school, his dad, me. God damn it!"

"Stop it! This is something that can get better, everything is different for him. You were angry and he knew that his actions could get him kicked out. Even though he lives far away."

"I hate being angry. The things he said to me mad me so mad. And when I found those drugs, I flipped. I got scared for him. And I reacted, he can't hate me for reacting. But I feel so bad."

"It's tough love Jess. You know he loves you, and he didn't mean what he said. This will blow over. Thanksgiving is coming up, we can see him then, for now just give this time."

**

Jessica and Danny waited in the doctors office for the doctor to tell them the gender.