Mama

29 weeks/ six weeks until due date-

Over the week Jessica's sisters and Sarah began planning for a baby shower for Jessica. They wanted to make it extra special and try to get her in better mood and distract her from all the stress she was having. Emily and Brandon did stuff around the house to help Jessica out. Danny took over some of the bigger house chores. Jessica went to her yoga classes, went to her weekly test, and did everything the doctors told her to do.

The baby shower was the next day, Jessica and Danny's families both came into town.

"Are you ready for the shower?" Danny says rubbing Jessica's belly.

"Mhm. It will be nice to see everyone and celebrate our little girl."

"She's coming so soon. I can't wait."

"Me too. Little Marlowe."

Danny kissed Jessica's bump.

"Hey little girl, it's daddy. Just wanted to make sure you are being a good girl in there for mommy. You've been keeping her up. She needs her sleep. Okay?"

"Look, you made her kick even more!" Jessica giggles

"She's a kicking machine."

"Oh gosh, what time is it?" Jessica says sitting up.

"Nine. Just relax, it's Saturday."

"I have to go meet Sarah! She's taking me out to go get an outfit for the shower."

"Oh okay. Will I see you later?"

"Yes." Jessica giggles

"Good. The kids and I are going to clean today."

"Give them a break, you've been putting them to work."

"Good." Danny chuckles.

**
"I love spending time with you. Just think about how your life will change." Sarah says

"I know, it's been a while since I've had a baby." Jessica chuckles.

"I'm glad you are doing better."

"Thanks Sarah. It was a scary time, and it will kinda is."

"She's getting big, that's good. That means your levels are going up. Right?"

"Yep! Thankfully."

"Haha, well I'm excited for this shower. You're going to have so much fun."

"I really appreciate you guys doing this. I can't thank you enough. I didn't plan on having a shower."

"No problem. You did this for me, so I'm doing it for you."

Jessica smiled and started to cry.

"Jessie! Don't cry!"

"I just can't help it! You and my sister are just such great people!"

"Ahh, well you're a great mama."

"Thanks! I wish Matthew could come. I miss him so much when he leaves. I feel bad I couldn't give him a nice Christmas break, I feel bad for all my kids. They've put up with me so much and all this crazy stuff going on. I'm never really home anymore, I'm either at the hospital or at work. And they're always at school when I'm home."