Nesting

33 weeks// 2 weeks until c-section-

"Okay, kids. Let's clean!" Jessica says as Brandon and Emily finish their breakfast.

They both groan and throw their heads down.

"Oh come on, don't get all discouraged. Cleaning is fun, we must clean." Jessica throws her arms in the air and giggles.

"Have fun cleaning you two!" Danny chuckles walking past Jessica to the sink.

Jessica shakes her head and pulls Danny's shirt.

"No, no, no Mr. Grab your cleaning gloves." Jessica says

Danny sighs and the kids start laughing.

"Jessie, our house is already clean."

"Not clean enough! I want the house to be spotless. And since I'm you know, eight months pregnant and all... I can't clean this house house by myself." Jessica puts on a puppy face and leans on Danny.

Danny laughs and looks at Jessica.

"Alright, we should get a move on then.

But you Mrs. Huston, you are nesting." Danny pokes her nose and smiles.

Jessica puts her hands on her hips and shakes her head. "No sir, I'm not nesting. Can't a women just have a clean house?"

"Your nesting." Danny rubs her belly and smiles.

The whole day, they all cleaned. Jessica later realized that she was for sure nesting. She made sure that the house was just perfect and there wasn't a speck of dust. Danny did a lot of the cleaning that had to do with harsh chemicals like bleach, and made sure Jessica stayed away from that. The kids did easier things like vacuuming, dusting and cleaning rooms. Jessica made beds, did all of the laundry, cleaned out drawers, cleaned out the laundry room, and organized everything in the house.

After a long day of cleaning, everyone was so tired. Jessica gave everyone a break while she continued to do things around the house. The kids watched a movie, Danny took a nap, and Jessica organized Marlowe's nursery.

Jessica took a break and sat in the rocking chair. She wrapped her arms around stomach feeling Marlowe's strong kicks.

"You just want to get out, don't you? Well... I wish you could just stay in there for a few more weeks. It's crazy that I'm going to hold you in my arms soon. Two weeks, wow. You scared me sweet pea. I thought I was going to lose you at one point. I wish that we could have avoided all these problems, but you are just so strong. And Mommy did/ is doing everything she can to make sure you are all safe in there. But you'll like it here. Everyone can't wait to meet you, including me. Your going to have a big sister named Emily. She can't wait to meet you, poor thing only has brothers. Speaking of brothers, your gonna have Brandon and Matthew. The best big brothers out there. And then there is me and daddy. Gosh, your so lucky to have daddy. He's a great guy, he changed my life in the best way possible. He helped me through a lot, next to your brothers, you, and Emily, he brings me so much happiness. Happiness I thought I would never have again. He's going to love and protect you, forever. I know it. We just can't wait to meet you, smuggle you with hugs and kisses, and dress you in the cutest outfits!" Jessica feels Marlowe give one last strong kick.

Jessica began to cry... Her little girl was coming into the world in only a matter of days.

*knock*

Danny stood at the door with a glass of water.

Jessica looked at him and wiped her tears. She gave him a soft smile then looked down at her stomach.

Danny walked over to her and sat beside the rocking chair, holding onto Jessica's hand.

"I hate seeing my beautiful wife cry..."

"I miss Matthew so much." Jessica starts to cry again.

"Jess, he'll be home soon."

"I don't think he's coming home for spring break." Jessica shakes her head and looks away.

"Maybe it's best. It will give him time to catch up on grades. He'd be too distracted here."

"I just want Marlowe to meet her big brother. Is that selfish?"

"Of course not, your a mother that misses her son. A very emotional mother." Danny chuckles

"You're right, I always get emotional like this." Jessica says with a sniffle.

"You're pregnant, its normal. But, we are meeting our little Marlowe Mae soon." Danny scrunches his nose and smiles.

"Things will be so different, with a little baby."

"We will love it!"

Jessica giggles for a moment.

"I've been thinking a lot."

"About what? The baby?"

"My dad."

"Oh, I'm sorry. It must be hard to think about him."

"In a way, yea. I wish that he could meet Marlowe. I wished the same thing when Brandon was born too. My pregnancy with Brandon was the hardest thing. I remember laying in the hospital bed with my dad. The day my dad died, that was the first time he saw Brandon on the ultrasound screen. When Brandon was born I just kept thinking about him. I thought about how my dad would have loved him."

"You know that he's up there watching over you. Your dad will be there. It may not seem like it but he'll be right by your side. He may not physically be able to meet her, but he can see her from where he is."

"I hope he's taking care of my little baby girl."

Jessica mind then went straight to Ella. Her little girl that she lost.

"I bet he is."

**

Finally able to update this. I was having a hard time, but I thought of an idea when my mom made me clean. Can you tell?😂