You're So Strong

That night Zoe left Danny and Jessica alone at the hospital. He convinced her to tell the doctors the truth. At first they wanted to admit her but that was one thing Jessica refused to do. Luckily, there was a doctor on call that was able to really talk with Jessica. She gave her some medicine which is what she had felt she needed. The doctors were able to recommend someone for Jessica to see. Until then she had to keep up with her medicine and work on bettering herself. She was so sickly for not eating. They urged her to start taking care of herself.

Danny was heartbroken. At a time like this he didn't know what to do. He felt guilty leaving Jessica alone. He thought he had been doing all the right things helping Jessica through this time. In the back of his mind he had a feeling something wouldn't go right when he left that morning. Danny was grieving just like Jessica, but not in the same way. He didn't understand why Jessica would want to harm herself like she did. Then again, Jessica couldn't Control herself. She didn't know what she had done until Zoe arrived.

Jessica was afraid that Danny would be mad, but he wasn't. He was more scared. He worried for Jessica's safety.

The ride home was filled with lots of conversation. It's what Jessica and Danny really needed. They never sat and talked about the situation like they did in the car tonight. Jessica really let it all out with words instead of sobs. Danny did as well. Listening to how Danny felt didn't make her feel so alone either. It made her feel like she hadn't been there enough for Danny when he was hurting. Hearing how Danny felt made her question of Brandon Really was doing...

"Danny, I'm sorry for everything." Jessica says softly

"Don't apologize... You don't need to. You have every right to be upset. I just don't want you hurting yourself. I can't lose you." He reaches over and puts his hand on her leg. She places her bandaged hand over his.

"I love you... I don't know what I'd do without you, Daniel. You've been with me through my darkest times. This, this is the darkest of them all. I know that it will get better, I do. Just for now, I need to try to get used to all of this. It's hard especially now around the holidays. Knowing that a year ago Matthew was home..." Jessica chokes up

"You don't know how much I wish I could take away all this pain. If I could bring him back I would. I miss him terribly. He was like a son to me.... losing him, it's devastating. I hate seeing our family so torn like this." He says sincerely

"I've been so selfish. I've been locked up in that damn room and haven't focused on Brandon or anyone else." Jessica starts to cry again.

Brandon needed his mother, but he knew she wasn't at her best. He went to Danny for now. Danny was the support system of them family.

"Brandon is okay... it's just as hard for him, but he's getting by. He's come to me, it's okay. He knows how you feel. He gets it."

"My baby boy! I feel like I've shut everyone out. You, Brandon, Emily, Marlowe! I am not acting like the mother they need me to be!" She says

"Jessica, it's fine.... they understand. Don't beat yourself up like this."

"I promise, I'm going to get better. I really am."

"You just need to take your time. Seeing this doctor will be good for you. I think maybe we all should speak with her. I think we all need to talk."

They pull into the driveway and Danny parks the car. He leans over the seat and gives Jessica a kiss. He wipes his tears and gives her a soft smile.

"I love you."

When they walk in Zoe was home with Emily, Brandon, and Marlowe. The neighbor was originally watching them until Zoe came back with the baby. The kids refused to go to sleep until they saw Jessica. They didn't know what happened but they knew she was hurt. They just wanted to make sure she was okay.