Closure

Saturday-

Danny and Matthew got dressed. They were getting ready to go to the prison to see Robert. Jessica was nervous for Matthew. She wanted to be there for him but didn't want to see Robert. She had so much anger towards him. She was in a happy place and she didn't want him to ruin that for her.

"Are you ready?" Jessica says fixing Matthews collar.

Matthew takes a deep breath and sighs. "Yea"

"You know, if you change your mind just leave. You don't owe him anything."

"I know, mom. I just need closure."

Jessica nods then looks at Brandon who was hiding behind the door.

"Brandon?" Jessica whispers

Brandon walks in innocently and sits up on the bed.

They both turn to him. "Are you going to see Robert?" He says sternly

Jessica shakes her head and sighs.

"I am, not mom."

Brandon clears his throat and leans on Jessica. "Why? He's a bad person."

"Brandon, this is Matthews choice." Jessica rubs his back.

"We are all happy. Why would you let Robert ruin that?"

Matthew huffs then looks away. "You're too young to understand. I just need to talk to him, Brandon."

"No you don't!" Brandon yells

Jessica sat there, frozen. She was stunned to see Brandon so angry. She knew that ever since the incident with Robert that Brandon didn't want anything to do with Robert. Just like Jessica, Brandon had so much anger towards Robert and was never able to forgive him. No one really knew how Matthew felt.

"I'm doing this for us! He needs to know that he hurt us and can never have us back. I just need to-" Matthew stopped and began to breathe heavily. Tears rushed down his face. Jessica ran to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Matthew, don't cry." She whispers

"We've been through so much because of him."

"Just tell him I'm dead or something. I never want to talk to him ever again." Brandon hops off the bed and runs out of the room.

"He's upset now." Matt whispers

"He will be fine. I'll talk to him. Matthew, are you sure you're ready?"

Matthew nods. "I need to do this."

**

Matthew and Danny go through security then waited for visiting hours to begin. Matthew and Danny looked around at all of the inmates. Some had chains on their ankles and arms. Others had tear drops on their faces. It scared Matthew more than ever. He didn't know what Robert would look like.

"Matthew, do you want me to go with you?" Danny has

"I think maybe I should go alone. I just want him to be himself around me. He may act-"