Always Need You

7 years later, Brandon's 18th birthday-

It was a Saturday morning. Everyone was sleeping in except for Jessica. She was wide awake at six in the morning. She sat in the living room with a cup of coffee looking over Brandon's baby pictures. Today was the day that he was finally an adult... he was a senior in high school and that meant he was getting ready to prepare for his future. Colleges, careers, everything. Jessica wasn't ready for this stage of his life. She wanted him to stay young forever. She didn't want him to ever stop needing her. Jessica kept in all her sadness. Today was a big day for him. He was excited for this day and so was everyone else.

Danny rolled over and noticed that Jessica was not in bed with him. He could never sleep without her. He decided to go search for her.

When he found her in the living room he brought a blanket to wrap her up in. The fall weather was chilling up the house.

"Hey baby, it's pretty early. What are you doing up?" He asks snuggling up next to her

"My little baby boy is an adult." She whispers

"I know... they grow up so fast."

"I'm not ready for this... I'm not ready to let him go. Because now that he's eighteen that means he won't need me anymore."

Danny chuckles and holds Jessica close to him. "Our children will never stop needing you! I know that for a fact. Especially Brandon, a mamas boy!"

Jessica giggles then looks back down at the photo album.

"He is a mamas boy." She smiles

"You should be proud you raised such an amazing man."

Jessica covers her ears and shakes her head. "Don't call my baby a man! Not yet!" She giggles

"Why don't you come back upstairs with me and rest before the clan wakes up. We have a busy day!" Danny yawns

"Okay, help me up please. This old lady is having a hard time moving!"

"Call yourself old one more time, I'll go ape shit!"

Jessica stands up and shakes her head. "God, I feel old. Two teenagers in this house and a little pre-teen running around! They're making me grey!"

//-//

"Brandon, come on down love! Breakfast is ready!" Jessica says as she sets down the last plate on the table.

Marlowe, Emily, and Danny all sit at the table anxiously waiting to eat.

"We have a busy day today, everyone! So make sure you eat up." Danny says

"If Brandon ever makes it down here." Emily scuffs

"Right?" Jessica says sitting down

"Brandon!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He says running into the kitchen

"There He is, the birthday boy!" Jessica says giving him a hug and kiss

"Hey! Happy birthday kid!" Danny says