First Day

Matthews first day of School-

Jessica was 9 months pregnant with Brandon and Matthew was 9 years old. It was his first day of 3rd grade, and his first day at a public school. Jessica had homeschooled Matt, but they all decided it would be too much to take care of a newborn and Teach Matthew at the same time. Jessica was sad that she wouldn't be able to spend the days with Matthew, but Matthew couldn't wait to start school. He already knew many people from the township football team. Robert, Jessica, and Matt got up early to get ready for the day.

"Owe!" Jessica moans as she sits up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes... I am fine, I am just having some pains."

"Baby?"

"No" Jessica moans as she stands up and wobbles over to the bathroom.

Matthew runs into the room and jumps on the bed.

"It's my first day of school, my first day of school!" Matthew says running up to Jessica and tugging on her robe.

"It is, isn't it?" She smiles.

"Hey bud, let your mom go potty. You and I will go get dressed." Robert gets up and takes Matt to go get changed.

Once Jessica was done in the bathroom she looked over at a picture of her and Matthew. It made her cry thinking about it being able to spend all day with him.

"Jess, you okay?" Robert says walking in and sliding on jeans and a sports shirt.

"My baby is going off to school today." She says

"But look at how excited he is. That makes everything easier."

"I don't want him to think we are ditching him because of the baby."

"He won't honey. Don't you worry. I will make breakfast. You just get dressed and relax until it's time to go." When Robert finished changing he leaned over and kissed Jessica than rubbed her belly.

**

"I just want to go to school mommy!" Matthew says running around in his 'first day of school' outfit.

"Aww honey." Jessica says with sad eyes.

"What?"

Jessica bends down on her knees and looks at him. "Won't you miss staying home with mommy?"

"No! Because I will be able to see my friends."

Jessica looked down at him and held back her tears.

"Robert, help me up please." Jessica says holding out her hand.

"Gotcha. Okay, breakfast is finished. Matthew do you have your stuff? Lunch box, book bag, supplies, brushed your teeth?"

"Yes daddy! Let's go let's go!"

Jessica let out a sigh than wobbled to the car.

On the car ride over Matthew kept talking about how happy and excited he was. It made Jessica a little bit upset. She knew it was the hormones but still, she was so used to being with him. It scared her sending him off to public school. She knew he was an advanced student, but didn't know how he would fit in.

When they got to the school the teachers were in their sections holding up a sheet of paper with the name of the teacher. Once they found Matthews group, just like all the other parents Jessica and Robert took pictures and talked to the teachers before school would begin. Jessica sat down on a little bench and put Matthew on her lab.

"Mommy, there is no room for me." He says getting off of her and sitting next to her.

Jessica creased his cheek and smiled at him with watery eyes.

"I want you to be a good boy today and do amazing okay? Mommy will miss you." Jessica smiles

"Daddy will too. Show those teachers how smart you are a enjoy your lunch! I packet a candy bar." Robert laughs

Jessica gives him a glare than smiles back at Matthew. "And remember I will be here to pick you up at 3:45, the day will go by quick."

"I know mommy. I am happy!"

"Okay, baby."

"Attention parents! Say goodbye the bell is about to ring." The principal says.

Jessica quickly gets Matthews attention again and gives him a big hug.

"I won't be gone forever mom!" He says

Robert laughs.

"I love you baby."

"I love you too mom and dad!" He says running off .

After Robert helped Jessica into the car she started to cry.

"Baby don't cry."

"I can't help it!"

"He was so happy."

"I know... I am being selfish aren't I?"

"No!"

"I can't image what it will be like when he leaves for college..."

**

I always like ending the weekend with a few updated chapters! So excited for the next few chapters!! ❤👶🏼