Not Forever

"Graduation, only 9 days away." Matt says walking into the kitchen setting down his books.

"I don't want you to leave!" Emily says hugging Matthews leg. Jessica looks down and smiles.

"I'm just glad you got those grades up. I am proud of you." Jessica pats Matthew on the back and hands him a sandwich for lunch.

It was a few weeks since Matthew was in a fight. Matthew's behavior changed a little bit after he had seen how much it was effecting his mother. Matthew was spending more time with everyone and less sheltered. Matthew was taking the last of his finals this week before graduation. Jessica started going out to the store getting things Matt would need when he leaves for college in less than a month.

"Matthew, guess what came in the mall!" Danny says walking in. It was a letter from PITT.

Mathew quickly opens it. "Yes! Football season schedule!"

"Awesome!"

"First official practice starts June 15. Will you guys ever be able to come to a game?"

"Yes, of course we will fly out there." Danny says.

Jessica gave them a small smile than got her stuff together for work. "Okay kids, we should get going." Jessica says.

"Grab your book bags. I will see you when your get home." Danny says giving them hugs.

"See you at work baby." Jessica kisses Danny

"Let's go Matt." Jessica says with a smile.

After Jessica dropped off the kids at school she took Matthew to high school.

"When can I get my car back?"

"Gosh, I don't know. You are still grounded."

"But look at how hard it is to drive me back and forth to school and work."

Jessica glances at him. "We will talk about it tonight, okay?"

"Fine. Will I be able to take it to college?"

"What? Your car? No!"

"Why?!"

"Because Matthew, freshman can't have cars. And there are buses, also you can walk. It's good exercise."

"Ugh, that's so not fair."

"Life isn't fair sweetie. Now go to school and have a good day."

"Bye mom, love you!"

**

Durning lunch break Danny was busy with work, so Jessica wanted to get together with her friend Sarah.

Sarah had brought along her youngest daughter Eva who was only a few months old. Jessica loved babies and wouldn't put Eva down.

"Jess, you should eat. I feel bad." Sarah says looking at her.

"No! You eat, you deserve a little break. Besides I love holding this cutie pie.
Do you like my earrings little girl? Or do you like pulling my hair?" Jessica giggles looking at he smiley baby.

"You are a natural with babies. She has been fussy all morning!"

"I guess I have had lots of practice.

I work with babies that are just like you. Small and cute. I had two little babies myself that were small like you." Jessica pokes her nose.

"So Jess, do you think you and Danny will have a kid or two together?" Sarah smirks.

"We really do want a baby together. We just don't know a good time to start, you know, trying."

"It's always so much more special when it's a surprise!"

"I will have to see. How are you doing after the baby?"

"It's been about 5 months. Everything is going great. Gosh Evan and I have never been so close."

"Aww, that's nice." Jessica smiles at the baby.

"We are thinking of trying again, for another one."

"Another baby?" Jessica says shocked

"Well, if I get pregnant within the next month, Eva will be 6 months. By time the baby comes Eva will be 15 months, they will be so much closer."

"Do you think you could handle that? Don't forget you have a little 4 year old at home too, not that it's any of my Business." Jessica giggles.

"We will have to see." Sarah smirks.

***

Once Jessica was done with work she picked up Matthew and they went to target to get stuff for Matthews dorm room.

"Isn't it so cool I get to graduate early, and leave for college early. It can't wait." Matthew says walking besides Jessica.

"Yep." Jessica says faintly.

"It's going to be amazing!"

"Don't wish away your childhood either." Jessica says

"I'm not, I am excited for the future."

"Okay."

"Why are you being like this?" Matthew pauses and looks at Jessica.

"Look, maybe if we got you a light for your desk?" Jessica says trying to change the subject.

"Mom!"

"What?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just want to finish up some shopping so I can get home."

"Every time I bring up college you go quite."

"Everything is just going by so quickly, it feels like just yesterday you were starting your first day of public school. It just makes me sad to think of you leaving." Jessica puts her head down and looks at the list.

Matthew puts his hand on her back and smiles.

"I will be home on the holidays and stuff. I just won't be living at home. I will still visit mom. It's not like I am leaving forever."

"You don't understand honey. You are still my little boy, and I will miss you so much. It's only a month until you leave."

Matthew hugs Jessica.

"I will miss you too."

**