Chap. 18: Still Not Normal

Narrator's POV ~ 
      'What's going on? I can't hear it. I can't hear the beating of his heart.' Zephania thought as she was still pressed on Law's chest.

As soon as she realized it, she pulled away from Law with full force that made her fell off the bed.

"Ouch. That hurt." she said and dusted off her butt as she stood up. And when she looked at Law, she realised he wasn't moving, or even flinched a bit, or even got worried that she might get hurt.

'Oh no. What if, he's.'

Now she was the one getting worried. She tried to check again his heartbeat, by pressing her ears to his chest. But she heard nothing.

Then suddenly, tears started forming in her eyes, as she thought that she was at fault of what happened to him.

That maybe she did something to him yesterday, or a late reaction of the car crash that happened when she hit Law with her car. (A/N: Wow. Late reaction? Haha)

She covered her mouth with her hand so her sobbing won't get louder for other people to hear.

And a minute later, when she kept staring at him, and saw that he wasn't moving an inch from his spot, there she thought that he was dead.

So she just sat on the floor, beside the bed, leaning on it with her back and moved her knees closer to her face and cried. And she started saying,

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Law, I'm sorry." she sob bed between her knees.....

"........Could you at least be quiet. I'm sleeping here. I'm having a nice dream here. Where you and I were-"

"Law!" Zephania immediately tackled Law with a hug as soon as she heard his voice.

And she kept sobbing underneath him while still hugging his waist.

"H-Hania. Why are you crying?" Law asked as he pulled her away from him and looked at her red face.

"B-Because. I thought..... I thought you were dead..." Zephania sobbed.

"Huh? What makes you think I wa-" Then he stopped talking as soon as he remembered the same reaction he got from the Zephania from the past.

Flashback~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ahhhh! Law. I'm sorry..... I'm so sorry....  T-That I was so hard on you. That, I was rough on you.... I'm sorry, and now you're-"

Zephania cried as she cried in front of Law's body that was on the bed.

"Could you just be quiet once in a while? I'm sleeping here-"

"Law!" Zephania jumped on Law and hugged him as soon as she heard his voice.

"I..... I thought you were gone......"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Flashback~

     "Shhh. It's alright. Don't worry. It's not your fault if I'm going somewhere. I'll never leave you." Law tried to calm her. And so she did.

"B-Baka Law." Zephania pulled away from Law and pouted in front of him.

"You do care." Law said to her.

"No way. I just panicked because I thought I killed someone. Everyone's like that. Why don't you act normally like a normal person here. So if you'll excuse me, I'll go take a bath because I have school today."

"School?"