Chapter 70: Honoring

Narrator's POV ~
"How could you let this happen! Trafalgar!" Kid shouted as he grabbed Law's collar. But Law didn't care. Maybe getting hit by him is what he believed he deserved.

"Stop it you guys." Vivi said, trying to stop their fight.

"Shut up!" Vivi jumped back at the raise of Kid's voice.

"I actually believed that if I gave her up to you, you would be much worthy to be with her, to protect her, instead of someone as savage and brute like me! But you lost her for the second time! I'll never forgive you Trafalgar!" Kid screamed, raising his fist attempting to punch Law.

"Enough." Zoro immediately grabbed Kid's arm, stopping him from hitting Law. Kid looked to see who it was.

"Roronoa?"

"I was here. We all were. But we couldn't do a damn thing. Everything was so unexpected. Yelling and blaming at each other won't bring her back! One of my little sister's final words was to not blame anyone of what happened. If you really cared for her, at least give respect to her wishes." Zoro said and lets go of Kid's arm.

"Wishes? That's right! What about her wishes! He's a genie right. He could've saved her! She could've wished-"

"But she didn't. She never thought of wishing it." Zoro said.

"Enough already. Let her rest. You know she doesn't want to see us torn like this." Ace suddenly added. Kid looked away and just fell silent.

"That's not it." Then they looked at Kid.

"That's not it at all." then tears started to form in his eyes again.

"She called my phone earlier, and I couldn't pick up. It seemed like she needed help, and she called me for it. I should've been here! I could've helped her! Shit! Shit! Shit! Damnit all!"

"It's not just you." Then Kid looked at Ace.

"I missed a call from her too. I'm also at fault for not being able to help her. We're such a useless bunch aren't we. We failed to protect her." Ace said, looking away while holding his crying little brother.

"You there." Then Smoker came to interrupt.

"I'm sorry for your loss, but we need all of you to come with us for some questions. Even though you're all just kids, we're grateful for your efforts for today. We'll take Crocodile and all those other criminals in our custody." He then observed the members that were involved, one by one.

"You also have injured ones in your group. We have an ambulance on stand by. Just follow that woman over there." Smoker said, pointing to his companion, Tashigi.

Then they started moving one by one, except for Luffy who refuses to be questioned and kept on struggling.

"That idiot." Ace said and walked towards to where Luffy was and calmed him down.
Leaving Law and Kid beside Hania's body that was now placed on a stretcher, covering her with white cloth inside  in the ambulance.

"What now?" Kid asked.

"Now, we plan for her funeral, so that she'll always be remembered."

"What are you gonna do after?"

"What we promised with each other. I'm gonna look for her, even if takes a thousand years."

"Heh, good for you. I don't know if I'll ever find someone like her again."

"Then don't. Look for someone more your league."

"The hell, you trying to pick a fight Trafalgar."

"Whatever you say Eustass-ya. Also, since I think you and Ace will meet at the airport when you leave, Hania wants to convey a message to both of you."

"What?"

"She wants to thank you both for staying friends with her and she apologize for not seeing you both off in your flights, but even so, she said she'll continue to support both you from the other side."

"Heh. That shrimp. She didn't have to."

That was their last conversation for the night, as they went off their separate ways. They plan to hold her funeral sooner. The sooner they grieve, the sooner they'll move on. But even so, they will never forget the person that once came into their lives and became very dear to them.

In the morning ~
Kid and Ace rescheduled their flight, to after Zephania's burial.

While Vivi visited their Cafe and told Makino what happened, Zephania's message of apology and thanks to her kind hospitality of letting her work there. It led to Makino bursting to tears, then she informed her husband Shanks later that night. Shanks then called his colleagues and invited them to join the funeral for her.

One week later ~
The Strawhat gang, along with Law, Ace, Kid and some of her teachers, even the high ranking officer Garp, went to Zephania's funeral. They buried her beside the grave of her late parents. That way, she won't be alone, as she will pass on, until the day that Law believes of her return of being reincarnated. Though they were still not sure of it, but they had hope.

The funeral was silent, but the hearts of everyone were screaming and grieving at the loss of someone they cared.

Then for a long time they stood there, one by one, they started heading off. Starting with the teachers, then her once guardian. Leaving the Kid, Ace, Law and the gang.
Zoro then brought out a barrel of sake, along with sake glasses.

"As your forever companions, instead of mourning, we will honor and we will celebrate, and finally send you off with cheers. You will always and forever be our nakama." Luffy announced as they poured each of their glasses with sake and one glass on her grave for her.

"To Hania!" Luffy raised his sake

"To Hania!" Everyone cheered as they drank their sake, while Zoro poured Zephania's sake to her grave.

"So long little sister."