Chapter 31: Past Time

Narrator's POV ~
"I actually met you Hania. In the past. A few centuries ago." Law started.

They both were just silent as they start to listen.

"You looked the same, though your hairstyles a bit different. Her's was a bit messy due to all the fighting and all, yours is more neat, but still green. But I can never mistake those oceanic eyes of yours. You also sound the same, feel the same, you even had the same piercings. Your family and friends were still the same. Your brother was Roronoa Zoro, and you had great crewmates, the Strawhat Pirates."

"Pirates?" "Pirates?" Zephania and Kid asked at the same time.

"Yeah, pirates. The same people you have as your friends now, the Strawhat gang as what you call. The necklace was in a bottle with instructions of a summoning. You were the one who found me in that bottle and summoned me. Well, the Hania from the past as I would say. We got close and you told me about yourself, and your life. That time, your parents had an accident on a sea voyage. The same as of the present, they had an accident too, correct.?" Law stopped and looked at Zephania to see her reaction.She nodded as an answer.

"Your brother was a swordsman with three katanas, also known as santouryo. You, you had one long blue katana, which was your style. You were very strong and very good at it. We sometimes fought enemy pirates together back then." Law smiled a bit thinking of how it was before with her in the past. Being together with her.

"I also have a long blue katana with me. I hid it in my closet so no one would find or steal it. Don't tell me we had the same katana. I sometimes train with my brother during club activities." she asked.

"The person you are now, is the same person I met in the past. The more that I thought about it, Hania, you were reincarnated. Well, most likely, you all were reincarnated. I didn't get to meet Eustass-ya though, well who gives a shit." Law stopped and noticed Hania giggle at his last joke. He then looked at Kid, and could literally see a tick mark as he gritted his teeth from being insulted. While Law just smirked at his reaction.

"It took a long time before I saw you again. I became your genie, and you became my master. It was for a short while though." Law continued.

"Wait. You're a genie? A freaking genie? For real?" Kid suddenly asked as he realized what Law was.

Law just nodded.

"You mean all that 3 wishes shit is real?" Kid asked again.

"Yeah, Eustass-ya. I'm a genie who grants 3 wishes to whoever owns and summons me from that necklace. Now shut up." Law replied pointing out the necklace on Zephania's neck while attempting to shut Kid up. Well, he did just that and stayed quiet to listen more of the situation he's now into.

"Now she's my master and I'll grant 3 wishes she wants. Though she hasn't made any yet." he added.

"Why was I reincarnated?" she suddenly asked.

"Who knows. Fate works in such mysterious ways." was all Law replied.

"You believe me? Are you not bothered by it?" Law then asked Zephania.

"I don't think you're that type of person who'd lie either, so I believe you. I'm not bothered by it also. If it's all in the past, then there's nothing we can do. We cannot change it. But, why was it you became her genie or mine, whatever, for a short while?" she asked again.

Law couldn't find the words to explain as it pained him to just think about what or how to explain to her about what happened.

"Let's just say she left." Law said with a hint of sadness in his voice. Zephania was confused by what Law meant when she left.

But Kid had the idea about what he was talking about.

They just fell silent for a bit. Law then stood up from his seat and took his spotted hat, wearing it to try and cover his face.

"Why don't you sleep now and rest. You need it." Law said as he started walking out the door then closed it. Zephania then just closed her eyes.

As Law got out of the room, he suddenly leaned on the wall and fell to the floor.

He felt sadness and grief over the thought of what happened the Hania from the past.

Then a minute later, Kid went out of the room then closed the door behind him. He saw Law on the floor with a dark expression.

"She's asleep. So I left." Kid said, but Law was silent.

"What you meant when she left, she died, didn't she." Kid said looking at Law, shadowing his face with his hat, hiding his grieving expression. He was still silent, taking it as an answer of yes. It pained him to speak about her, as he loved her so much.

Still Narrator's POV ~
The spy pinpointed their location by hacking to Eustass Kid's phone, when he showed it to Law as they escaped from the alley.

He listened to their conversation about the genie part with 3 wishes that he'd grant.

"A genie eh? 3 wishes? Boss is gonna be so happy when he hears this."

After that, he left to go back to their organizations headquarters.

(A/N: Oooohh, minna. Who do you think is spying on them. Who's this boss he's reporting to. You can comment on who your guesses are. Don't forget to vote/comment. I'd really appreciate it minna. Also, these aren't my pictures, this is just a sample picture of how Zephania looked from the past, hehe... Thank you and see ya.)