Chapter 41: I'll Wait

Law's POV ~
We got back from school. She immediately walked into her room as soon as she got back. I wonder what's wrong.

Then Roronoa-ya came in after us.

"Where is she?" he asks.

"In her room." I answered.

"Where will you sleep?" he asked again.

"In her room." I replied.

"What!"

"I always sleep with her in her roo-"

"WHAT!?" he shouted. I guess he wasn't ready for that.

"It's fine. I won't do anything to her." I said to reassure him. That was a weird conversation.

"You better not. Or I'll kill you. I have to go again. Watch over her for me." he said and was about to walk out.

"What about her? I thought you wanted to try harder for her." I said.

"What I'm doing now, is for her." he said with a serious expression on his face. He then continued to walk out.

"The last time you weren't able to try harder to take care of her, she died." I said, thinking about the same thing that happened in the past, where Roronoa-ya wasn't able to give much attention to his sister. It bothers me that something the same might happen again. When I said those he stopped.

"What do you mean?" He asked, facing away from me. He doesn't know what I'm talking about since I didn't tell him about the part where I already met them at the past.

"All I'm saying, at least try, or you'll lose more than you know." I said to him. He just stayed silent for a bit, still standing at the door, then finally walking out and drove away. I get it, I'll watch over here.

I sat on their living room, thinking what to do. For the first time, I actually didn't know what to do.

Then I just remembered something. It was almost summer, and we're all gonna graduate soon.

Time goes by fast for everyone, but I have eternity for me, but what's the worth if I can't be with Hania. If only it wasn't for this curse.

Zephania's POV ~
I feel nothing. For the first time, I don't feel a thing. Pain, sadness, happiness, all wiped away. That wish made really came true. I don't regret it, because I can't even feel any regret anymore.

Law and I got back, and I went straight to my room, leaving him outside. I placed my bag on the bed, and sat there. It was so quite.

"WHAT!"

I heard my big brother's voice from outside. He must be arguing with Law. Not that it concerns me anymore. It was about time that he found out about stuff regarding me.

The only thing I have to focus on, is the few days I have left before graduation. I have to study, but to be honest, I'm not good at it.
I actually don't mind, but I have to graduate and stuff.

Maybe Law could assist me.
I stood up and went to the wash up, then change to my pajamas. After that, I grabbed my books and went out the room, and I saw Law just sitting on the couch. Was he just sitting there the whole time? Well, either way, I'm gonna ask for some assistance.

"Law." I called, and he stood up and faced me.

"Tutor me." I said and showed him my books and notes. He just sighed and lightly smiled. He seemed down. I wonder.

We then sat together on the couch. I placed my things in the table and opened all of them. I heard Law chuckle.

"One at a time Hania." he said and took the first subject he was gonna teach me.
He started explaining while I listened.

A few hours have passed now I think. I lost track of time. Sometimes, I don't quite understand, so I move closer to see and hear him better and ask him a few. I noticed him somewhat distracted by it.

"What's wrong?" I asked and looked up at him.

"You're, too close." he said and looked away. Weird, I remember he does this to me often. But when I do it to him, he gets flustered..?

"You don't want me to get too close?" I asked again.

"That's the problem. I actually, really want to. But, I don't know what I'd do if I can't hold myself back any longer." he said and looked down. I just stared at him in confusion, wondering what it is he's feeling.

Before I could go back to facing my notebook, I got suddenly pushed back onto the couch. Law trapping me below him. I looked at him and he had this hurtful expression.

I don't know why but I actually held my breath there for a second. I continued to look at him. I notice the dark circles in his eyes and his grey steel orbs. It was somehow, captivating me. I can honestly say that he is quite goodlooking, attractive even.

"You." he said as his face came closer, then stopped midway.

"You really don't regret it?" he continued. I believe he's asking me about the wish I made.

"I don't actually know, how to feel the regret you're asking me." I answered honestly. He just stared at me for a minute, his face finally coming closer, and he kissed my forehead.

"Okay. I get it. I'll wait, no matter how long it takes." he said.

"Okay." was all I could say, and that ended our conversation. He finally let me go and stood up.

"That ends our discussion. You're doing fine academically. You can handle this. Call me if you need anything." he said then went into the necklace I was wearing.
Seeing Law like that, makes me question of my decision. Was it really the right thing to do? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt someone with my selfish wish? I honestly can't answer my questions, because I cannot relate of how others might be or are feeling regarding my decision.