Chapter 43: Breathe

Zephania's POV ~
I woke up by the sun shining through my face. It was already morning. I don't remember falling asleep, I don't remember changing in to my pajamas, and I don't remember going to bed. I must've fell asleep at the door and Law brought me to the bed. Although I told him, not to come in. He never listens.

I felt a slight lift movement on my face. I didn't realize I smiled a bit. I didn't know it was possible. I got up and opened the door. I walked out, then, I saw Law sleeping on the couch. He doesn't seem comfortable.

Back then, he would always sleep beside me, and wake up beside me in my bed. Is it because I'm like this now, that he doesn't want to sleep beside me?

Wait, am I concerned? Is that possible? No, maybe I was just, curious, looking for some answers. That's all.

I walked closer to his sleeping figure. I knelt down to his level. His other arm was used and pillow support while the other hanged down. He looks so peaceful.

I took his free hand and held on it and observed his tattoos for a while. Then, I started tracing each letter and the symbol in the middle with my finger. After that, I spread his palm to try and measure its size with mine. His was bigger than mine though.

Why am I doing this all of a sudden, and to a sleeping person too. I continued measuring, when suddenly his hand closed holding on to mine. I looked at him, I never realized he was now fully awake. His eyes open while looking at me deeply. He just held on to my hand tightly. Then he started moving our hands closer to his face and kissed mine.

"Good morning." as he said those after. I didn't know how to react.  So I just replied "Good morning." back to him.

*huff**huff*

Oh no. The difficult breathing I had started to come back again. He's gonna notice. I think Law noticed since I was so close to him. He immediately sat up and bent towards me.

"What's wrong Hania? Are you in pain?" he asked. In pain? How would I know how that feels? I don't if I'm in pain.

*huff**huff*

I wasn't able to answer as I don't know what to answer to him. I continued breathing harder and harder as I look at him.

"Law." I suddenly whispered all of a sudden. He looks really worried, and I want this to stop. Am I sick? I don't know what that feels either.

I was about to loose my balance, when Law suddenly pulled me towards his lap and had me sit in it. I felt his arms slowly wrapped their way around, embracing me, while my arms placed in his chest.

"Slowly, breathe. Calm your breathing." He whispered, enough that I could hear.

"Slowly, slowly. There there." He lightly stroked my hair as he said those repeatedly. For some reason, I started to calm down too. I guess it worked. How did he know.

"I didn't know that would work. I just panicked and did that." he chuckled. I think he's joking. Either way, it worked for me. When I finally stopped, it was easy to breath again. I took a deep breath and breathed out slowly.

"You're okay now." I heard Law said. I don't know why, but I just found myself moving my arms around his body, hugging him and rested my head on his chest. His heart, was so quite, no beating can be heard. He told to me not mind about it, so I won't pry.

He was so warm and he smelled really nice.
"Thank you." I thanked him. He embraced me tighter and I heard him whisper.

"Anything for you." We stayed in that position for quite a while.  I don't know why I did it, but it's like I wanted to. I'm acting really weird today.

"Do you think I'm weak?" I suddenly asked him seeing as he saw what just happened with me, I wonder what he thought.

"We might have weaknesses, but I know you're not weak. Even I have a weakness." He said. Law has a weakness?

"You have a weakness?" I said to him

"Mmhhm." He hummed in agreement.

"Well, two weaknesses actually. First is a kairouseki or a sea stone. All of my powers won't work on that. My second weakness, is you. You might be one of my weaknesses but you also make me strong. Weird right." He said and looked at me, while I looked back at him, his steel grey eyes never leaving mine.

Just then, a minute later, we heard a knock on the door. I wanted to move to check who was knocking, but he pressed me right back to his body.

"Ignore that. They'll leave eventually." he said. I listened and waited if there was still someone out there.

Then there was knocking again, this time getting louder.

"I'll get it." I said.

"Tch." I heard him click his tongue. I just ignored it. Then he finally let me go. I stood up, and walked to the door. When I opened it, I saw Kid standing wearing a coat with a motorbike helmet in his hands.

"Hey. Shrimp. Come go out with me today."