Chapter 69: Too Late

Kid's POV ~
The gang were almost done fooling around, some of them already passed out. After I went to my old man's, actually giving me permission to go off on my own, my friends invited me at this bar.

I wasn't in the mood to celebrate with them, knowing I won't see shrimp for a long time. I noticed her ex, Ace, was also at this bar, with the same purpose as us. I heard he was also moving away. He sat a chair apart from me, while a man with white hair who was smoking, sat in between us. I know him. I think he's that officer Smoker.

*ring* *ring*

His phone rang and he answered it. I remembered I turned mine silent, so I pulled my phone out and checked.
I just noticed I received a missed call from shrimp.

"What!" I was surprised when Smoker shouted, so did that Ace. Then Smoker looked at Ace, and Ace noticed him.

"I get it. Leave it to me." Smoker said through the phone. I noticed he walked towards Ace with such negative aura. Ace took a sip from his drink and looked at Smoker, seeming to listen to what he was saying.

*CRASH*

Ace dropped his drink, the glass shattered on the ground and ran out quickly of the bar, not even looking back at his companions calling him back.

What was going on? For him to get worked up like that, I need to know.

"Tashigi! Get in the car and gather the men. I'll send you the location, and call an ambulance on the way there."

"Hai, Smoker-san!"

Smoker said to a woman who was standing near the door, and then immediately left.
When he was about to walk away, I immediately grabbed his shoulders and he turned to me.

"What?"

"Would you mind telling me what you told to Portgas." I asked.

"It's none of your concern, unless you know the Strawhats."

"I know them. Tell me what's going on." I said with seriousness in my approach.
He just sighed deeply.

"It's not really much of a good news. One of my men patrolled a certain location. He investigated it and-"

"Direct to the point." I said.

"The Strawhat gang and a few others got engaged in a battle with an underground boss. It seemed like they defeated them, but unfortunately, there was one casualty in their side." He explained.

"What casualty." I asked.

"Their friend named Roronoa Zephania, died."

As soon as I heard her name come out from his mouth, I released my grip on him and fell back to my chair.

"That, can't be true." It's not true. It can't be. I just saw her this morning, with her radiant smile and beautiful long green hair. She was still doing fine.

"It seems like you're her friend. I'll give you their location, they're still there right now apparently." I noticed he put a piece of paper on the table, written in it was an address, before he left.

I immediately ran out the bar, leaving my friends back there. But this was more important to me. I need to know if it's true.
I got on my bike and drove off.

She can't be dead. She's with Trafalgar. I know that guy is strong enough to protect her. I have to see it with my own eyes.
I can't accept this.

Narrator's POV ~
"WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" Most of her friends cried and screamed in sadness, while others cried silently as they gritted their teeth when they finally realized Zephania was gone.

Law just sat on the ground, hugging her lifeless body, while Zoro kneeled in front of him, looking at her little sister's lifeless body, until help immediately arrived.

Police cars and an ambulance came up from the slope, along with motorbikes that belonged to Ace, Smoker and Kid.

They saw the group in the middle of the field, gathered together, and a few meters from them, was the criminal master mind, Baroque Works Boss, Mr.0, that the government was hunting.

Smoker got off from his bike and went to catch the members of the organization with his men. While Kid and Ace got off from their bikes and ran to the group.

There they saw, everyone of them crying and grieving at the loss of their friend that which Law held in his arms.

Ace went to his crying little brother, Luffy and hugged him, as tears also started flowing from his eyes.

While Kid, fell on his knees at the sight of the his first love, lifeless in front of him. Without holding back, tears started to form in his eyes.

"No." he said and tried getting and walked towards Law.

"Oi. Don't joke around. Trafalgar!" Kid said, still not believing that Zephania was no longer with them. But then he saw the heartbreaking look on Law's grieving face as he still embraced her lifeless body. That's when he believed, that everything was over.