Chapter 49: A Lovely Evening

Law's POV ~
"What do you mean you wouldn't have met me?" she asked as I go on.

"After I made that wish, the genie immediately put on a curse on me. A curse of a genie with no beating heart. A heart bound only to my destined one, where my heart will only return its beat if the person I'm destined to be with and destined to be with me, will love me back."

I stopped and looked back at Hania.

"That's you Hania. You always have been the only one. It was said that, that destined person would be able know how to break the curse, because if my heart doesn't beat for more than a millenia, I will die. That's my punishment for being the foolish I was."
I stopped to breathe. Then I continued.

"At first, I lost hope on love, after meeting so many different masters, none of them were special. Then, a few centuries later, I met you. I told you already before, that I already met you in the past back at Eustass-ya's house, about when you found me in that bottle and I became your genie. The moment I first met you, you felt different from any other master I've served. It's like, the moment I first saw you, my heart whispered that, you were the one. Then we both fell in love and my heart started to beat. Sadly our moment together was only for a short while."

She noticed I felt grief as I said those, and she cupped my face, and smiled to reassure me. So I continued.

"You were sick with an incurable disease, it was already too late when we found out and it led to your death. Your death made my curse reset and went back to my heart being stopped." I then cupped her face, and caressed her cheeks with my thumbs.

"Losing you was too much to bear that as time passed by, the thought of never seeing you again was too painful that it made me want to forget about you. I almost did. That's why the first time I met you, I couldn't quite recognize you a bit. But I could never forget your eyes that always reflected with mine. I remembered the first day I ever looked into your eyes and felt my entire world flip. That's when I knew it was really you. Even though it's a curse, I would sometimes think it was also a blessing. Because I finally found you again, and I would go through all the life times in the world just to see you again." I was able to finish telling her everything about me.

She was just silent as she listened. I don't know what she's thinking or what she'll think after.

"Have you ever thought of breaking your curse on your own?" she asked.

"I tried. I even tried to break the necklace, but it never worked." I answered.

"You said your destined one knows how to break it, but I have no idea what or how to do that."

"That's alright. That's not what I entirely need from you. All I want is to just be together with you. You don't have to burden yourself with this. Let's just live at the moment." I said and kissed her forehead. I looked at her and she just stared at me, cupping my face with her gentle soft hands.

"They say love is a journey. You may have almost all the time in the world but I don't, so we'll make the most of it together. Don't worry. I won't ever leave you." she said and gave me a quick kiss.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened in my life." I said and kissed her back again. I don't want to let her go. The kiss went on longer as she wasn't going to let go. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me deeper into the the kiss, while I wrapped mind around her waist, pulling her closer.

I want to cherish even these little moments with her. I want to be with her more. I want to touch her more. Words aren't enough to tell her how much I love her. I want to show her that she has been the only one for me.