Chapter 44: Going Out

Kid's POV ~
Ugh. This is such a fucking stupid idea. Damn Killer and his ideas. I didn't tell him about the situation, just that Shrimp had problems. So he wants me to go out with shrimp, just to like give her a good time and shit. He thinks I'm head over heels for her. That damn Killer, why does he think that. Why the hell did I agree to this. But I can't back down now, I'm already at her front door.

The first time I knocked, nobody answered. They can't still be asleep, it's past noon. Maybe they didn't hear it, so I knocked again. This time, a bit louder.

Then I heard footsteps coming closer. The door opened and I saw shrimp, in her pajamas while barefooted. Cute. Wait, that's not what I'm here for. Okay, here goes.

"Hey. Shrimp. Come go out with me today." she just stood there for a while and stared at me. Is she gonna refuse?

"Okay." she answered with a blank expression. Well, that went well I guess.

"Great. I'll wait here." I said and she nodded. Then she went back inside. But before she could close the door, it suddenly opened again, and the person I was hoping not to see, came out.

"Oi, Eustass-ya. You're not taking her anywhere." Trafalgar said. Then, I just realized.

"W-Wait. You're actually, living together?" I said and he smirked.

"Jealous?"

"Tch. Don't get cocky. I know you won't do anything to her, because you can't. You don't get to decide for her." I said to him. He just frowned and glared at me. Then he sighed.

"Just bring her back without a scratch, or else I'll kill you myself." he said.

"Who do you think you're talking to." I said and smirked. He just shrugged like he doesn't care, then he looked back behind him.

What is it? He seemed to stop. He then slowly stepped aside, and came forward, a girl with a simple black dress with long sleeves and skirt that stopped at her mid thighs with long boots. Both Trafalgar and I couldn't find the words to say something to her.

"H-Hania. Why, are you dressed like that." Trafalgar started.

"Kid asked me out. It's only logical to dress formally. I'm wearing a short under anyway." She replied, then looked at me. I wasn't able to speak. I just kept staring at her figure. She looked like she was glowing, or must be my imagination. She tilted her head to the side.

"What is it?" she asked. Fuck, she looks good.

"N-Nothing." I said then finally looked away. I hear a grumble behind her, and looked to see Trafalgar glaring at me.

"Ehem. Let's go." I said, and I let her pass through first. I was about to follow when suddenly Trafalgar grabbed my arm. I Iooked back at him, and he wore a serious expression.

"Watch over her." he said, staring at me as he awaits my reply. I just nodded and he let go of me.

I soon followed after shrimp and she was waiting at my motorbike. I gave her the other helmet I brought and put it on her. I let her sit on first, then I followed.

"Hang on tight." I said, then without warning, she wrapped her arms around my waist. I jolted up, fuck I wasn't expecting that.

"What's wrong?" she asked from behind me.

"Nothing. Let's go. Hold on." I said as I started up my bike. Then we went off.

Zephania's POV ~
I went out with Kid since I've got nothing to do. Exams are over and so are the classes. Graduation is the only thing left, though I let the school handle all that stuff. Kid and I had gone to lots of places.

We went to an aquarium show where there were lots of different kinds of fishes and also divers playing with seals. Then to a museum, we found some ponygliphs there, though we can't read it, so we just went around to see other stuffs. Then we drove next to an amusement park. I didn't know Kid would be into this, judging by his status. Well, people can surprise you sometimes. Though I'm not that surprised. But why did he ask me out in the first place?

"Kid." I called to him, and he looked at me.

"Why'd you ask me out?" I asked straightforward, which I noticed it sent him on edge.

"W-Well, you see. Killer kind of suggested it, to give you a good time." he said. We just continued walking.

"But." Kid suddenly stopped, and so did I. I then looked at him, curious as to what happened with him.

"I originally planned to ask you out, to the fireworks festival tomorrow night. But, knowing you and Trafalgar, I know you'll want to go there with him, one way or another. So I feel lucky today, because I had the opportunity to go out with you. That's all." He added. He said something about a fireworks festival. I remained silent, but then he started to walk towards me.

When he was finally in front of me, his face move closer to mine, suddenly I felt him kiss my cheeks. It surprised me a bit, but maybe he's just glad.

"Thanks for going out with me today, shrimp." He said and grinned, he then grabbed my hand and we continued to walk.

The only thing that came to mind was that, Kid is a good person. Despite looking like a classy rebel, he actually does think about those around him, thinking that he actually had thought ahead about this plan of having to go out today, and giving me and Law a chance to try for the festival tomorrow.

We continued to explore, then finally we both went to a food stand, and he bought us ice creams. He bought a chocolate one, and he bought me a vanilla one. I forgot, Kid was kinda rich, so it's no wonder he could afford all this.

"Here you go for the couples." the vendor said.

"W-We're not couples." Kid immediately said. I just nodded.

"Oh, well, you two look cute together though." the vendor said and smiled at us. Kid took the ice cream and gave me mine.
Then we both sat up at a bench and ate there together. I licked my ice cream, it was so sweet.

"Do you like it?" he asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"Good." he said and smiled a bit. He looked so gentle when he smiled.

"You look good when you smile." I said to him.

He immediately looked at me in surprise for what I said. I noticed his cheeks tinted. He was blushing?

I just continued eating my ice cream.

"I-I do not. Don't say that." he said with a loud voice, and continued eating.
I noticed he looked back at me.

"Hey." he called, and I looked at him. He then raised his hands, and wiped something off near my lips.

"Ice cream." he said. So he was wiping off an ice cream from my face.

"Oh shit." But his ice cream suddenly melted and dripped to his pants while he cleaned my face.

"Uh, I'll be right back. Don't move." he said and hurriedly stood up. I guess he went to get some tissues or wipes. I just continued to finish my ice cream.

Suddenly three men approached me.

"Hey, nee-chan~"
"Are you alone~"
"Come hang with us~"