Chapter 62: True Colors

Law's POV ~
I hope she's okay. I don't care what happens to me or anyone, as long as she's safe and alive, that's all that matters.

After I returned Hania, this man named Crocodile gestured me to follow him into some king of underground tunnel passage. It took a while to cross, specially with this quite atmosphere.

At the end of the tunnel, there were stairs going up. We reached the stairs and climbed up. We got into a room that looked like an office.

"Now, bring it here." Crocodile called to someone, and from the shadows, appeared a very familiar woman.

"Nico Robin." I breathed. She saw me and looked very surprised at first, but she regained her composure back and brought Crocodile a briefcase. He then wore some glove before opening the case. I heard dangling sounds of chains.

Wait, is that what I think it is? But how did they know?

"Kairouseki. A very rare kind of sea stone that emits a powerful wavelength that cancels out someone with powerful abilities, specially a genie with a power user ability. This one was actually hard to find, you gotta give me credit here." Crocodile said and pulled out a sea-prism stone handcuffs.

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"Well, ever since two of my men failed to capture that woman of yours, I resorted to a much sneaky method. The best hackers and spies I've got were always tailing you, and you never even noticed." he said, then put the cuffs on my wrists.

"You know I can't grant your wishes if I'm wearing this since it suppresses all my powers." I said.

"I know. It's just precaution in case you're planning on something." he then took out a single golden key from the case and hid them in his coat pocket. I then turned my attention to the woman beside him.

"Oi, Nico Robin. What's the meaning of this?" I said to her. She just kept quiet, maintaining her composure.

"Oh, her? You guys were fooled by this woman. She has always been working for me." Crocodile said, while Nico Robin avoided my gaze. Something's not right here.

"I don't care, I'm not even part of their gang anyway. That's their problem." I said and looked away. Crocodile took off his coat and placed in oh his chair and sat down.

"Good. Now, let's get on wi-"

*BOOM* *BOOM*

There were suddenly explosions coming from outside.

"What is all these racket!" he immediately got up from his seat and went outside to which looked like a balcony. Then I noticed Nico Robin came to me.

"Tra-guy. What are you doing here?" she whispered.

"None of your business. Besides, I see you work for that man now." I said, not even trying to whisper back. What's the point anyway.

"Hania is my friend, and you're important to her. I know she'll find a way to rescue you. That means I have to help you escape, so you can meet her and not get her mixed up in here." she whispered again. Then it got me thinking.

"How about you? Why are you here?" I asked this time. She looked quite hesitant for a while then spoke.

"I came here to spy on Crocodile and his men. Luffy and the others are out there already." she whispered. Well that explains the explosions.

"Why?"

"You didn't know?" she then looked concerned.

"Know about what?" I asked again.

"Crocodile was the one who killed Hania and Zoro's parents. He has also been smuggling illegal products and items in the country. We're also trying to help Vivi save her beloved country and father." My eyes widened in surprise. I couldn't care less about the other reasons. But now I know. That's why Hania was so frustated on killking Crocodile, which was not kike her.

I noticed Nico-ya walked silently towards Crocodiles chair where his coat was hanging. That's right the key. He left his coat after he went to check on the explosions.

Narrator's POV ~
Robin started searching for the coat, but suddenly dusts of sand came flying in from the balcony and flew behind her. It was him. Before Law could notice, he suddenly appeared behind her.

"Looking for this?" Nico Robin immediately stopped after getting caught, while Crocodile held the gold key in his hand.

"Crocodile!" She immediately jumped away.

"It's okay Nico Robin. I forgive you."

"W-What?"

"Because I never trusted you in the first place anyway." Crocodile suddenly appeared behind Robin and stabbed her with his golden hook.

"Nico Robin!" Law shouted. Robin fell to the ground, blood dripping from her wound.

"Such a waste." Crocodile said and grabbed his coat, putting it back on. While Law felt rage just for him. But he knows he can't do anything for now, which made it even more frustrating for him.

"CROCODILE!!!"

Law heard a familiar voice coming from outside. At that moment, he actually felt a slight relief.

"Mugiwara-ya."