Chapter 29: In Her Wake

Law's POV ~
Please Hania, endure it. You have to. I can't lose you. I just can't. Not again.

So we waited a few more minutes for her to calm down.

Speaking of, what is Eustass-ya getting worked up about. She's not her friend, why would he care? Unless,

"Oi, Eustass-ya."

"What, Trafalshit." Trafalshit!? That bastard! Ugh, I don't have time for that. He's so immature.

"Are you interested in her?" I asked him directly.

He raised an eyebrow and looked away.

"No.?." Is that an answer or a question?

"Oi, look at me and answer directly." I said to him.

"Huh? Why would I be interested in that shrimp. I just don't want her to die in my house. That's all." he said, still looking away.

Heh~ Is that really all?

Then he walked back to the window and sat back there.

I just sat back on my chair and waited for Hania to recover. I noticed she stopped sweating and breathing heavily.

She's finally stable. That's a relief. Just wait a little longer.

A few minutes later ~
"Ugh~" I saw Hania moved.

I stood up and went closer to Hania. She's slowly opening her eyes.

"Huh? W-Where am I?" she's awake. She's awake!

"Your awake! Thank goodness, you're awake." I fell on my knees with so much relief.

"L-Law? What are y-you doing on the floor?" she asked.

I knelt closer to her.

"Hania, can you hear me? Can you see me?" I asked as I held her hand.

"Yeah. Why? Where am I? What happened?" she asks again.

"You're at my house, little shrimp." I hear Eustass-ya come closer.

"Kid? Y-Your house? Why am I at your ho- Ah! Hss!" she hissed in pain as she tried to get up from the bed.

"You should lay down Hania. You're still injured."

I said as as I gently pushed her back down the bed.

"Oh, that's right. I remember!" she seemed slightly shocked.

"Wait, where's my bag?" she started searching the room for her bag, then Eustass-ya came and gave her the bag.

"Hey, don't push yourself." I said as she tried to get up again and received it.

"Where is it? Where is it? It's not here?" she keeps searching her bag for something.

"What is it?" I asked.

"T-There was a small plastic bag I had." she said, looking disappointed.

A small plastic bag?

"You mean this?" I took the small bag from the table and gave it to her. She somehow looked relieved.

She opened it and her expression changed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She's suddenly, started crying?

"Oi oi, what going on."

"Shut up, Eustass-ya."

"What did you say Trafalshit."

"I-I" We both looked at Hania.

"I-I'm sorry." she's crying. Fuck she's crying.

"Why are you apologizing?" I went sat closer to her bed.

"I, *sniffle* I was supposed to *sniffle* give this to you." Then she handed me that small plastic bag. I opened it and it looked like a smashed up phone. I looked at her again.

"This *sniffle* was supposed to be my *sniffle* compensation for when I *sniffle* hit you with my car."

She bought this for me? Damn, she's too wholesome. I don't deserve her.

"Pfft, she hit you with her car?" Now I'm triggered. That shitty Eustass-ya just laughed.

"Shut up Eustass-ya! What's so funny!"

"I'm sorry. Even though *sniffle* I know you can get one, I just want to give this apology gift. Since I *sniffle* felt guilty *sniffle* " then she started wiping off her tears.

"It's alright Hania. I'd still accept this gift." I said to calm her down. I do accept this since she bought this for me.

"Hmm? I can fix this. I'm awesome with techs and mechanics. Leave that with me so you'd stop crying already." Eustass-ya suggested. I'm fine fixing this on my own. But Hania seemed to be relieved by the idea, so I'll just let it be and gave Eustass-ya the broken phone.

"*sniffle* okay *sniffle* I'm sorry." she then stopped crying, and looked down looking like a sad puppy. I took off my spotted hat and ruffled my hair while putting it at the table beside her.

"It's alright Hania. I still love you." I declared as I touched her hand. She looked a bit shock about what I said. I know she knows that I do. I could her ears getting red. Is she-

"D-Don't joke around. Baka Law." She blushed. So cute. She's blushing. She immediately snatched her hand away, covering her face with her arm. She's embarrassed at the fact that she blushed.

"Tch. Was that all shrimp? An apology gift? Nothing more?" Eustass-ya suddenly asked. I could hear it in his voice that he's totally pissed off.

"Yes." she looked directly at Eustass-ya and replied.

"Then what about the necklace. You were able to protect it." Eustass-ya asked again. What's he on to? He's suddenly starting asking these questions, like he wants to hear something from her

"I had to. Law said I'd be cursed if something happened to the necklace. So I had to protect him."

"So nothing more?"

"Yes. Why?" Well, that was a pretty blunt reply coming from you Hania. Ouch.

"Pfft, Hahahahahaha! That's pretty harsh!"

"You wanna fight Eustass-ya!" I grabbed his colar.

"Huh! You wanna die Trafalgar!" he then grabbed mine.

"Thank you, to the both of you. For saving me." We stopped to look at her. She then bowed down to us.

"You know I'll always do anything for you. You don't have to bow." I said to her and let go of Eustass-ya.

"I didn't much have of a choice since Trafalgar here was begging for it."

"I never begged you for anything Eustass-ya. F*ck you." I heard Hania giggle a little. I then saw Eustass-ya smirk.

That freaking red headed bull.

(A/N: Oooookay. Welp, I know I sometimes get them out of character, please forgive me on that😅. Kid and Law though, have Zoro and Sanji rivalry vibe🤣. But I hope y'all still liked and enjoyed it. Heheh. Please keep on reading, and I hope y'all won't forget to vote. Also comment if you'd like. Hehe...)