Chapter 23: Compensation

Zephania's POV ~
Before I could walk out the door, I was suddenly in the classroom.

"Eh? Hania? When did you get here" I heard Nami asking to me.

"Ah, eh. What do you mean. I've been here the whole time. Ehehe" I nervously laughed.

"Hmm, okay." Nami said and just went back to her seat.

I went to my seat and sat, while I noticed Law sat in his. Then Zoro nii-san came in. glad he didn't get lost this time.

A minute later Kid walked in the room went to his seat beside Law. Well, as usual they're not getting along. They are just glaring at each other. I can almost see their aura clashing. Thankfully before they destroy the place, the teacher came in. So back to the boring reality.

Time Skip~

*BELL RINGING*

Finally, class has ended. Now I have to go somewhere, maybe a store. I have to buy something convenient and useful.

It's weird that Law wasn't as annoying as before.

"Hey, Hania. Wanna go home with me." I spoke too soon.

"Uh, no. I'm not going home yet. I have somewhere to go." I said to him.

"I'll go with y-"

"Nope, it's okay. I'll be fine. Just, let me be at peace for once." I said as I started walking towards the gate.

"Ya sure? I can-"

"I'll be fine Law. Just go ahead before me. I'll be quick. Don't worry." I said. I don't have any energy to get annoyed right now. I'm tired. I'll just run this errand quick. Law was just silent walking beside me.

"Okay, if you say so. I trust you." he said and smiled. Genuinely smiled, which was actually weird.

"Ooookay. So, see ya at home." I said and went off a different direction. I looked back at him, and I just saw him watching me, it seemed like something was wrong.

He was off, maybe a bit sad. Then a few seconds, he disappeared. I guess he went back then.

Okay, I'll make this quick 'cuz I'm tired.

Narrator's POV ~
As Zephania finally got out of the school gate, a group waiting, lurking from the shadows, start to follow her.

"Let's go."

Zephania's POV ~
I went to a store where they sell techs. I kinda want to buy a something for Law, as compensation when I hit him with the car. It's not like I care for him. I'm just guilty, that's all.

I don't think Law is up to date with today's stuff, so I think I'll give him a phone, since he doesn't have one.

Well, I know he's a genie who can have anything, but I'll just give this as a late apology.  I don't care if likes it or not, he better accept this or I'm gonna kick his ass and throw him out the apartment. It's such a relief Zoro nii-san hasn't noticed him. Well, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'll just buy something as my compensation to him.

Yeah, just a compensation, nothing more.

"Here you go miss. Thank you and come again." The owner smiled as he gave me what I bought. After I payed, I put it inside of my bag.

"Thank you." I said and walked out the store. I hope he likes it, well he better will, 'cuz I bought it.

As I walk to a corner, I was suddenly pulled harshly into a dark alley and fell.

"Ow!" Who the hell did that. Now I'm covered in dirt and mud.

"Well well, look what we have here." I looked up and see

"Monet.!"

(A/N: Hello minna. Nice to see you again. Sooo, I hope you find this okay. I hope you guys are doing okay. Hehehe,  Don't forget to vote and comment if you'd like. So have fun guys and be safe... 😊)