Chapter 34: Trouble at Work

Zephania's POV ~
"R-Right. We have to get to work. You said you'll accompany me. So let's go." Gosh, I'm suddenly flustered. I hope he didn't noticed. I started walking towards the door, while he followed behind me.

We both went to see Kid and offered our thanks again to him. Though I thanked him. Law and Kid just argued again. Glad Law's somehow okay again.

As we passed their gates, I looked back, and damn his house was so big. It was like a five storey mansion. His parents must be wealthy. Maybe the weird business he meant, I'm guessing, Mafia? Well  I'm not really one to judge. We'll just be on our way.

"Let's go master." he said and I nodded. But as I was about to walk my next step, he suddenly held my waist and snapped his fingers. Before I could process the situation, we were now in front of the cafe. I guess I'm still not used to this teleporting stuff.

"We're here, master."

"I can see that. Let's go." he just smiled at what I said. W-Well, whatever with him.

We both went inside and greeted everyone. Also apologizing that we were late. Then we headed to Miss Makino's office and apologized for our actions. She was kind enough to forgive us and let us continue our work. So we did.

The day at the cafe went by smoothly. The same as always, us workers serving our customers and lots of female customers lining up and flirting with Law. Yup, same as always. Though I wonder why Law never flirts back at them.

Later that afternoon, as Vivi and I had our 5 minute break in the kitchen, we could see two large men came in the cafe. They glared at everyone, scaring all of our customers away.

I saw Bepo ran towards the office to inform Miss Makino. Then she came out "Good afternoon. How may we help you?" and greeted the men.

"Ara ara, there's so many pretty girls here. I wonder which one is our target." the first guy said observing the place.

"Remember, boss said to bring her alive." the second guy said to the first.

What are they doing here, and what do they want. It doesn't look like they want some cappuccino and stuff.

"Remember, they said she had green hair." the second guy said. Wait, green hair?

"Oh~? Is this her?"

"Ah!"

The first guy suddenly grabbed Miss Makino by force. Damn, these men are so barbaric, and would even hurt a lady.

"Hey! You green haired woman! Are you Roronoa Zephania!?" What? They're looking for me? Then, Miss Makino!

As I was to step up to those bastards who hurts Miss Makino, Law suddenly stepped in front of me.

"What do you want with Zephania." Law stated to them. I noticed they both looked at our direction.

"We have some business with her. The boss wants to meet her." The second guy said.

This is bad. Miss Makino is in trouble because of me. I have to do something before it gets worse.

"Oi! Let go of Miss Makino! If you have some business with me, then here I am!" I stepped out of Law's cover and shouted.

"You! why did you show yourself!" Law shouted at me.

"Because! Miss Makino got in trouble because of me! I can't leave her like that!" I shouted back at him.

"Hey everyone. Sorry I'm late. I heard loud noises. What's the fuss abou-"

I heard a familiar voice. The voice I haven't heard in quite a while. Ace...

(A/N: Ooookay, so, this is how I picture Zephania in modern/present time and the picture's not mine, I just touched it up with a bit of editing and coloring. Don't forget to vote or comment minna. Stay safe.. )