Chapter 57: Going Home

Law's POV ~
Strawhat-ya definitely held me up for such a long time. He kept picking out different types of food. When he decided he was full, we walked back to where the other's were.

There I saw at the court, two different teams playing volleyball. I immediately noticed that red headed bull from here. So it was Eustass-ya versus Hania's team.

We continued to walk and I saw Hania serving. The other team hit back, and Hania was about the get the ball, but she suddenly stopped, and the ball hit her face and she fell.

"Hania!" I yelled at the same time as Eustass-ya and ran to her. That was the first time I heard him call her that.

"Hania, look at me. Are you alright?" I asked as I gently placed her head in my lap. The other players gathered around.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." she tries to force a smile, but she flinched when her lip started to bleed. I got angry and was about to charge at Eustass-ya, but she stopped me.

"It's not their fault. I went to get the ball on my own. It's my fault really. Haha." she said and laughed a bit, then got up.

"Minna, sorry for the hold up. I'm really okay you know." she then patted off the sand from her clothes.

"Well, let's end this here. Why don't we all go back to our own inn and rest." Nico Robin suggested and Eustass-ya just turned around and started to walk.

"Hey Kid." Hania suddenly called out to him and he stopped.

"I had so much fun." she said with a smile.

"Same here. See ya around shrimp." Eustass-ya replied and proceeded walking away.

As for us, we gathered back at the inn to rest, while I treated Hania's wound on her lip in her room.

"Hss." she hissed when I cleaned her wound. Roronoa-ya wouldn't want me to stay here much longer, so I have to go after this.

I then stood up and started to walk away.

"Hey Law?" I stopped right at the door.

"Our stay here is almost over. Let's go for a walk." she said. I turned around to look at her, wondering why.

"I didn't get to spend time with you since you weren't comfortable with the heat. But it's almost sundown. I hear the sunsets here are beautiful." she said. Well, how could I deny her request.

"Sure." I agreed and held out my hand to her and she gladly grabbed it, then we teleported back at the beach.

Zephania's POV ~
When we got back to the beach, I still held on to his hand and continued to walk barefooted. As long as he holds my hand, I'll go anywhere with him.

The atmosphere where couples walk together side by side on the beach, the sky nearing it's sunset, feels like a dream.
We just walked together in silence. No words could describe how I feel right now, specially when I'm with him.

My feet got sore, maybe from playing too much, so I stopped and so did he. I believe Law noticed this since he sat by on the sand and gestured me to sit in front of him, patting the space between his legs. I sat down, then he pulled me closer to him with my back against his bare chest while embracing me.

We stayed like that for a while, staring at the sun that was starting to set on the horizon. My mind was bothered again by the same thing since this morning.

"What's wrong." For a while of silence from us both, Law suddenly started.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He must've noticed.

"You've been bothered since this morning. Is there something you want to say?" he said and rested his head on my shoulder. I didn't reply, hesitating to say something. But this is Law, and I don't want to keep anything from him.

"I had this dream." I started off.

"You mean earlier this morning?" he asked and I nodded.

"In this dream, where everything was surrounded by darkness, I saw the person I was from the past."

"You mean, you saw your previous self?" he asked.

"Yeah. It was a bit weird, she was calling our name, and she wouldn't let me go. It was like, she was trying to tell me something, but I don't know what. Then, before I woke up, there was this bright light consuming us, and in that bright light, I saw a horrible scene, which I prayed I never saw."

"What was it." I was scared to reply to his question, making me remember the fear I had when I saw it. I held on tightly to his arms that were embracing me.

"I-I." I felt like crying.

"Don't force yourself."

"I-I, what I saw in that light, was myself crying at the lifeless bloody body I was holding. The body I was holding, was you Law." I tried my best explain without breaking my voice. He just remained silent behind me.

"It bothers me because, what if it wasn't a dream. What if, it was a vision of some sort. If only it were a dream, I wouldn't have to feel at loss." I added.

"I'm here aren't I. It was just a dream. Besides, I would never leave you like that. I promise you that." his words reassured me, giving me light and hope, that what he said is true and that everything will be alright.

He then moved his hands away and started forming something in the sand. He then poured water from the wave that splashed near us, pouring it on the sand he was making. The figure solidified and became more clear, he was making a heart.

"There." I just chuckled at his actions, finding it adorable, and he hugged me again.

"Thank you Law. Haha, you know sometimes, you're annoying, you're hilarious, you make me yell, you drive me crazy, you're out of your mind. But you're everything that I want. I promise to you also, that I'll never leave you and I will protect you, no matter what." I said, leaning back to him, while watching the horizon finally at its peak of setting, as we sealed the promise with a kiss under the beautiful sunset.

Time Skip ~
We got back to the inn, with Zoro nii-san looking pissed. Instead of scolding us, Nami suddenly scolded him.

A few minutes later, Zoro nii-san came up to me and said he'll still be staying with the gang again and also he'll be leaving his car back at the apartment for me to look after. So he still won't be coming back. I don't mind, I won't be alone since I'll be with Law. We then packed back our belongings and went out. Everyone left first, and then we followed, teleporting back to the apartment.

"Hah~ I'm tired." I said, dropping my bag in the floor, along with myself.

But Law suddenly carried me up bridal style and walked to my bedroom.

"H-Hey. I'm really tired. W-We can't-"

"We can't what?"

"Uhm, n-nothing." My face heated up so bad thinking of what he was gonna do next.

"Besides, we didn't get to finish from earlier, remember? You were so forward about it." he said and placed me down the bed. I suddenly realized what happened, I actually jumped on Law earlier.

"B-But that was because I was bothered by the dream I had. I thought that time that I wanted to make the most of it." I explained.

"Heh, no excuses. Don't tell me you didn't like it." I stayed silent from his question, blushing continuously.

"W-W-Well." I'm so awkward right now. Before I knew it, he pushed down on the bed and climbed on top of me. Here we go again. He started getting closer, I just closed my eyes waiting for him.

"Ow." he suddenly flickered my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw him wearing a soft smile.

"I'm just kidding. Let's get some sleep. We don't want to be late for our graduation tomorrow right?" he said and lied on the bed beside me.

I almost forgot, we're graduating tomorrow. I can't believe how far we've come. I didn't say anything and cuddled closer to him, while he turned to me and embraced me. My eyelids started getting heavier as the tiredness I felt took over and finally closing my eyes.