Our First Kiss

Sam was thinking about the first time him and Castiel kissed.

It was the middle of December and the three of them were on a hunt for a werewolf.

They had finished the hunt and were celebrating the Winchester way.

With booze.

Dean had gotten drunk in a matter of minutes and had passed out on his motel bed.

Cas and Sam were still awake, neither drunk, just a little tipsy.

A comfortable silence fell over both of them, the only noise in the room being Dean snoring and the quiet hum of the TV.

Sam looked up at Cas. "Cas, can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can, Sam."

"Well, I like you."

"I like you too, Sam."

"No, Cas... I like you... More than a friend."

Cas tilted his head in confusion. "More than a friend?"

Sam bit his lip and nodded. "What I'm trying to say is... Cas, I love you. I love you not in a friendly way, a romantic way. You probably don't love me, considering you're an angel and I'm the boy with demon blood, but-"

Cas leaned forward and shushed Sam by placing his lips on Sam's. Watching those educational videos taught him some stuff.

Sam's eyes widened in surprise and he looked down at Cas. His eyes fluttered shut and his hand went around to Cas' neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss.

Sam eventually pulled away. He was flushed and breathless while Cas was as cool as a cucumber.

"Wow, Cas..."

Cas smiled at him. "I believe that I love you too, Sam. I feel happy when I'm around you. I get, what you humans would call, butterflies in my stomach when you speak to me. So, I believe that those are signs that I love you as well."

Sam chuckled and nodded. "Yeah those are signs. I'm glad you feel the same way, Cas."

Cas smiled and kissed Sam again. "I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Cas."

The two shared a few more drinks before climbing into bed with each other. Sam had his arm around Cas' waist, while Cas' arm was lazily around Sam.

"I'll watch over you, Sam. Like always."

"Thank you Cas."

Sam kissed Cas' head and settled back down. In a matter of minutes, he was out.

Cas smiled and watched Sam sleep. He snuggled into the moose and just watched him.

"I love you, Sam." Cas whispered out before closing his eyes and resting his head on Sam's chest. He didn't fall asleep. He just listened to his heartbeat.