I Still Miss Her

Sam was sitting in the library, looking at an old Polaroid picture. The picture was of him and Jess a week before she died. He gently ran his thumb over her face and sighed.

He heard the flutter of wings behind him, but didn't look up. "Hey, Cas..."

"Hello Sam. What are you doing?"

"I found an old picture of Jess and I. I was just looking at it..." Sam put the picture down and finally looked up.

Cas picked up the picture and smiled lightly as he looked at it. "This is a very cute picture, Sam."

"Thanks..."

Cas put the picture back down and they both fell into a comfortable silence.

"Cas, can I tell you something?" Sam suddenly asked.

Cas nodded. "Of course you can, Sam."

"I... I still miss her. I've been thinking about her a lot lately... It's my fault she's dead, Cas..."

"No, Sam. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

"But, I knew I couldn't leave this life, Cas... I shouldn't have even tried."

Sam started to cry into his hands. Cas gently wrapped his arms around Sam, holding him close.

"Sam, listen to me. She's in heaven and she's as happy as she could be. She's with her parents. Her childhood dog. And you."

"And... Me?"

Cas nodded. "Yes. Everyone's heaven includes someone from their life that meant the world to them. You obviously we're the love of her life."

Sam sniffled and wiped his eyes. "Wow... So she's... Happy?"

"Yes, Sam. I promise she's happy."

"Okay... Thank you, Cas."

"You're welcome Sammy."

For 1SassyTrekkie!
Sorry it's short and not that good!
😖😖