A Star On Top

Cas smiled as he and Sam placed the last few ornaments on to the Christmas tree. He hummed along to the soft music as he went to pick up the star, but he was suddenly stopped by Sam.

"Hey! I wanna put it on!"

"But, Sam, you've done almost everything else! Let me do it!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

The two started going back and forth with their argument.

They both failed to notice the other couple of the Bunker behind them, listening.

Gabriel looked at Dean, then they both nodded to each other.

Dean quietly got the star from the box, then gave it to Gabe. He then picked Gabe up by his waist and held him up.

Gabe smiled and gently put the star on top. When Dean put him down, the went and plugged the lights in.

The tree lit up, startling Cas and Sam. The two turned and looked at the tree, then immediately looked up. "Aw man," they both muttered when they saw the star.

Dean rolled his eyes. "It's almost Christmas. Don't argue over something like this." Gabe nodded in agreement with Dean, then the two walked away.

Sam sighed and looked at Cas. "I'm sorry for arguing."

"Me too, Sam." Cas wrapped his arms around Sam's middle and put his head on his chest.

Sam softly rested his chin on top of Cas' head and smiled.

The two stayed in each other's arms, smiling, and swaying lightly to the Christmas music.