Waiting Up For Sammy

"Hey baby. The hunt went well. Dean and I are leaving now," Sam said over the phone.

Cas hummed softly and glanced at the time. "Ok. Be careful. It's late."

"We will. We will. I'll see you when we got home, alright?"

"Alright. I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Cas."

The two hung up and Cas sighed happily, eager to see his husband.

Because of recent events, Cas had become human. Because of this, Sam made him stay home, not wanting him to go on a hunt.

Cas hated how Sam was treating him, but soon realized that he was just trying to protect him, so he wasn't angry at him for long.

He sighed softly and grabbed his blanket and pillow. He walked to the living room and placed his pillow on the sofa, then laid down and pulled the cover over him. His plan was to stay awake to greet Sam (and Dean) when they got home.

He flicked through the channels on the tv, finding some cartoon. As he watched the show, he felt himself start to fall asleep, but he tried to force himself to stay up.

Before he knew it, he was out like a light.

Sam and Dean got home at around two in the morning. They walked into the bunker and dropped their bags down by the stairs, making a mental note to pick up their stuff after they got some rest.

Sam had started walking to his room, smiling at the thought of seeing Cas, but Dean had called him. "What is it?" He asked as he walked back.

Dean chuckled and pointed to the couch. "Looks like he tried to wait up for you," he said quietly.

Sam went around the couch and looked down. He smiled brightly at the sleeping Cas. He picked him up like he was a child and adjusted him in his arms before heading to their room. "Night Dean."

"G'night Sammy."

Sam felt Cas shift a little as he walked. "Sam?" Cas whispered sleepily.

"Hey baby.. Go back to sleep alright? We'll talk in the morning."

"Are you ok? Did you get hurt?"

"Nothing that won't heal on it's own, Cas."

"M'kay... I love you."

"I love you too, Cas."

Sam noticed Cas' breathing had steadied in almost an instant. He walked into their room and gently laid him on the bed. He took off his shoes, jeans and shirts, then climbed in next to him.

Cas shifted and wiggled towards Sam, pressing his back against Sam's chest. He stopped moving a moment later.

Sam put his arm around Cas and nuzzled his neck, getting comfortable. He closed his eyes and fell asleep, a small smile on his face.