Chapter 01 - Meeting with Queen

London, United Kingdom

Amanda's POV

Friday, March 10, 1972.

King's College - University of London

I'm with my friend Cynthia, attending the presentation of the British band, Queen, at King's College. Queen is not yet a known band in the world of Rock and Roll, we can say that it is still an underground band, however, is increasing the number of fans of the band, quickly. I myself am a fan of the band.

Since last year, they have become a well-known band on the London circuit. They often perform at Imperial College, as band guitarist Brian May studied Physics at the Institution and is now studying PH D in Astrophysics. They perform on another college campus, owned by the University of London, as well as small pubs. Since I came to London in early 1971 to study journalism at the University of London's Goldsmiths campus, I also quickly identified myself with rock bands that are not yet famous. I love Rock and Roll and I am a fan of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Who, among many other bands that are already consecrated and keep an eye on the new British bands that are Appearing on the music scene. In addition to loving Rock and Roll, I'm also focused on everything about music and this has a reason: I want to be a journalist who works in the music world, my desire is this: To be a great musical journalist and to work in great music magazines Such as Rolling Stone, for example. All though Rolling Stone does not speak only of music, also talks about politics, culture in general and its headquarters are in the United States, but has an easy ial of the magazine here in London and is one of the most important magazines of the world. And one day I'm going to work for the magazine. Cynthia is my childhood friend and is in London, studying Photography, on the same campus as me, Goldsmiths.

We are enjoying the presentation of Queen and we observe the amount of people that there are, around five hundred people. It's crowded today. I've watched Queen presentations in which there were five, ten people, but, today it has a good audience, for a band that is underground. Freddie the lead singer, always rocks with his performances on stage. He is the lead vocalist of the band and also the pianist. He performs beautiful songs on the piano. Freddie Mercury holds a degree in Graphic Design from Ealing College of Art, University of London. Freddie is thin, has medium height, black hair to the shoulder and black eyes. The bassist is John. John Deacon, was the last member to join the band. He's been in the Queen a few months. He is a student of Electronic Engineering at the Chelsea College campus at the University of London. John is tall, thin, has long brown hair and light brown eyes. Brian May is the band's guitarist and backup vocalist. Brian is very tall and thin and has black curly hair up to shoulder height and beautiful green eyes. Bri is very handsome. And the drummer? Well, he's the cutest guy in the band. His name is Roger Taylor. Roger is of medium height, is thin, has long dark blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. He has an androgynous appearance, therefore, his facial features are delicate, even remembering an angel. The girls fall in love for Roger. Roger is a Biology student from London Polythecnic College.

"The boys are always screwing up at the performances, they're incredible," Cynthia said my excited friend.

"They always do!" - He said smiling.

After they finish singing and play Keep Yourself Alive, then comes Doing Alright. I follow Queen's presentations from September last year, when I first saw them in a presentation at Imperial College. I learned about the band's presentation, when I was on the subway, heading for college, and a college boy gave some young people like me, inside the subway, a small ad with a picture of the boys and talking about Queen. At the time I became interested and on the same weekend, I went with Cíntia to Imperial College and we were delighted.