Chapter 60 - July 1975 / Last part

Thursday, July 31, 1975

Roger's POV

The boys and I were called to an important meeting in the EMI Music building with director Alex Bristley and other directors. What's going on now?

I'm driving my Alfa Romeo thoughtfully while Bri is sitting next to me and Freddie and Deacy are in the backseat of my car. He was so distracted that a red light was coming on.

- Roger, watch out! - Brian said scared.

At that moment, I freed my car, singing a high tire, skidding the vehicle a little.

"Dear Rog, do you want to kill us all?" Freddie asked irritably.

- Sorry guys, sorry my brothers, I was distracted - Said thoughtful - I'm worried about this meeting at EMI Music, that's the truth, I'm anxious to know what it is.

"Well, you better calm down, Rog. It should not be anything serious, stay calm. Sometimes they want to talk to us about the band's upcoming album, which will begin to be recorded next Monday - Bri said.

"I really hope that's it," he said, looking at the sign that opened and I step out with the car toward EMI Music.

Amanda's POV

Cynthia and I were already in the meeting room again. The boys from Queen will be here soon. I do not even want to imagine their reaction when they hear the news, especially Roger. I start to laugh softly.

"Mandy, is it time to laugh?" Cyntia asked.

"Imagine when Roger learns the news?" He is capable of it and not accepting it. If she does not accept, quit Queen - I smile.

"He'll love and hate the novelty." This time Cynthia smiled. "You'll see.

A short time later, everyone was present in the meeting room, including the boys who were looking at Cynthia and me.

"Amanda again present at this meeting?" What does she have to do with it now? Can we know? Roger asked.

"Everyone will know," said my father. I have something new to Queen that will start recording the next album from Monday. In addition to you recording in up to six different studios, here in London, you will record for a month the new album at Rockfield Studios, which is located at Ridge Farm.

The boys widened their eyes.

"That's amazing," said Freddie, smiling. "A lot of bands have already recorded at Rockfield Studios. It will be incredible that at the same time that we will be recording, away from the hectic life, we can also relax a little.

"That's Freddie's intention," my dad said, smiling. "You guys will record the album from Monday to Saturday and have Sunday to see the farm, the city itself. You will stay forty days in the place, counting from Monday, when you will leave.

"I'm enjoying this news," John said.

"I'm loving it too, dear Deacy," Freddie said.

Mandy and I looked at each other.

"But with you, there will be a little lighting crew, who will take care of all the equipment of the band, there is already a house reserved for you on the premises of Ridge Farm and ..." said my father.

- AND? Brian asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Amanda and Cynthia will go with you," my father said, smiling. - Cíntia will take photos of the band and Amanda will interview them during the stay and will also take care of feeding the band.

The boys gasped, and at last Freddie and Brian smiled, but John and Roger looked at each other.

"The girls are welcome," Brian said, smiling.

Cynthia and I smiled at Freddie and Brian.

"I'm looking forward to Monday," he said, smiling at Roger looking mysteriously at me.

After the meeting was over, as everyone was leaving the meeting room, Roger touched my arm and their gazes met.

- Let me go! - I said stupid.

"If you think I'll make it easy for you, just because you're at Ridge Farm with the band, you're mistaken," Roger said.

"And who said I'm asking for it, blond sour?" - Said looking at him with hatred - I will just do my job and ignore it. Nowadays, only Brian and Freddie are my friends. Stay calm little darling, I will pretend you do not exist, for me you are dead, just as I am dead to you, is not it?

Roger let go of my arm in anger.

- Until Monday, Taylor - she said smiling sarcastically at him blowing a kiss to provoke him more.

Roger's POV

After Mandy came out of my presence, I put my hand on my face, thoughtful, whore who gave birth. Forty days seeing this cute little redhead will not be easy, and how will I tell Emily that my ex-girlfriend will be present on the trip? Surely she'll hate the idea.

To be continued.