Chapter 12

Amanda's POV

Tuesday, Sept. 17, 1973.

I'm on college vacation and I've been on the internship in the magazine earlier. I was in NME magazine and my article on the release of the Queen album was published in the magazine. I smile as I have the magazine in my hands and have my story.

"Congratulations on the matter, Mandy," said Mike, smiling. "He wrote an excellent article for the band. Although Roger does not deserve it, but the others deserve it.

- Roger really does not deserve it, but, he is part of the band, it's a set and as hard as it is difficult for me to admit, Roger is an excellent drummer, besides singing very well. It has Rock Star pose, an arrogant Rock Star, but, it's a Rock Star. She said thoughtfully.

"Let's now analyze the opinion of the journalists themselves, who will listen to the album and write the review that will come out next week," said Mike. "What did you think of the album, did you hear?"

- Yeah, I already heard the album and I liked it. It's the band's first and I'm sure they will improve and more, though overall the album is good. I really like the songs Keep Yourself Alive, Liar, Jesus and The Night Comes Down. They are my favorites from the album and Modern Times Rock'n'Roll - Said at the end ashamed.

"Did you like Roger's song?" - Mike said smiling.

"Even though it's that ogre, the song is pretty cool, fussy, even the song reminds me of Roger's personality and his crazy way of driving," she said thoughtfully.

"Whatever, but now, let's see what the journalists will say about the album. Do you know the journalist who was chosen by Olivia Sucks to write the album review? Mike asked.

"I do not know, she did not tell me," she said, wanting to close the subject. "I do not think she will comment."

"Of course she'll tell you, Mandy," Mike smiled. "You've fallen for Olivia's graces, everyone in the department remarks this.

People also exaggerate. I said thoughtfully.

The truth is that Olivia is asking me for some things I do not want to do. I may even lose the magazine journalist status if I refuse what she asks, but damn it, I'm between the cross and the sword. What will I do about it? I want to be a great music journalist and this unscrupulous woman can hurt me if I refuse what she asks.

A short time later, Olivia called me to her office and entered.

- I read your story about Queen, about the launch party, congratulations, it's great! Olivia smiled.

"Thank you, Olivia," he said formally.

- You are already known in the musical world, like the intern who is in love with Rock and Roll and when you have to speak badly of a band, speak, without blinking and when you have to praise, goes to the end - Said Olivia analyzing me.

I remembered my father's words to be careful of her. Olivia is not trustworthy. I'm afraid of this woman.

"Well, I'm a Journalism student. My commitment is with the truth, and I found it simply wonderful to have the Queen's album release party, the guys' performance, "he said.

"Mandy, do you hide anything from me?" I'm finding you tense as you talk to me. "She looked at me analyzing me.

Olivia does not know that I'm friends with Freddie, Brian and John, Queen. Mike knows I'm close to Queen's boys, but I asked him not to talk to Olivia about it. I do not want this woman to know about my things outside of the journalistic world.

"I'm not tense, I just do not know where you want to go with this," I said.

"Well, I want to know if you ever thought about what I said to you some time ago, to do what I'm asking. She looked wryly at me.

"Olivia, forgive me, but I can not do what you ask me to do," he said, looking at her seriously. "What you're asking for is very serious, it's unethical in the news world. If you want you can send me away and I will not be a trainee anymore, not even your personal assistant.

"I do not want to send you away, Mandy," Olivia said, looking at me. "You're the best trainee in the NME. From next year, she will be the journalist's great journalist. I want to keep her on my journalistic team.

"Then please do not ask me to do what you want." That would hurt so many people and myself, "she said thoughtfully.

"I can increase your salary three times if you do," said Olivia. "I know you want to make a lot of money."

"I really do, but not like this," I said thoughtfully, but tried to accept. "What you're asking me for is unethical."

"Okay, Mandy," Olivia said, smiling at me mysteriously. "I'll look for someone else to do what I want, do not worry.

"Do you want anything else, Olivia?" I asked my boss.

"No, my dear, I do not want anything. You may withdraw. Olivia smiled.

I leave his office and my whole body is shivering. This woman gives me shivers.

Olivia's POV

Of course Mandy will do what I want. I look at the clock. It's five o'clock. They call from the front desk and they say there's a man looking for me. I tell him to come in. The man enters. His name is Ray. He's a photographer.

"And you did what I asked for some time?" I told him.

"Here are the photos, Olivia," said the photographer, showing me a large folder.

I'm terrified of the photos I see. I smile victoriously. This is better than ordering.

To be continued.