Chapter 59 - July 1975 / Part 09

Monday, July 21, 1975

Amanda's POV

Today, Cíntia and I started working at EMI Music. I am now part of the journalistic department of the big music company. They all welcomed me and said they already knew my articles that I published in NME magazine. Cíntia went to the part of the photographic team. We are happy and I am sure we will get on very well at EMI Music.

Now, I am no longer afraid to be with my father, on the contrary, I want everyone to realize how happy I am to be with my father. Really, both my dad and I want to make up for lost time.

The week went by quickly and both Freddie and Bri had told me that Veronica was already home with baby Robert and that if I wanted to visit them, she would be very happy. Then on Thursday night while John was rehearsing with the boys, Cynthia and I went to visit Veronica when we got off work. I was thrilled to get the boy Robert in his lap. He pulled John's light brown eyes, just like his lips, already the hair and nose is the same as Veronica. He is very beautiful. I was thrilled to pick him up.

"I'm so glad you're here, coming to visit me, Mandy," said Veronica smiling.

"You know why I did not visit you before, Veronica," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Mandy, I know John is still pissed at you, but that will pass. He adores you, everyone loves you, "she said.

"There is a person who hates me now, and he has his motives," he said, thinking of Roger. "But he who follows his path and I will follow mine."

"This will all change, Mandy, have faith," she said to me.

I remained with tears in my eyes, but, I have to be strong.

"Roger at this time must be in a relationship with Emily again." They really deserve it - Said smiling weakly.

Saturday, July 26, 1975. Today is Roger's twenty-sixth birthday. The urge to call him and wish him a happy birthday is great, but, I will not do that. Cíntia said that Roger does not want to celebrate his birthday, because, there is no reason for that. Roger went to Truro to spend the weekend with his mother, stepfather and sister. He comes back on Monday morning. Miracle he did not take Emily. I do not think he took her because Winifred does not like her and Clare does not.

Roger's POV

On my twenty-sixth birthday, instead of being happy, I'm sad. So much so that I'm not in London celebrating my birthday. I'm in Truro with my mother, my stepfather and sister, just for a formal dinner and a birthday cake that my mother bought and sang, and I blew the candles. Mom already knows everything that happened and said that I must forgive Mandy, even though she hurt me, but I can not and I do not want to. I feel betrayed, Mandy betrayed me in confidence and this is something that there is no going back. As much as I love the little redhead I have to get it out of my heart and I'll do it, next to Emily. I gave one more chance to a blonde model, because I know that she really loves me and would never betray my confidence. All are against my courtship with Emily, but, that's how it will be from now on. Everyone will have to accept, even if in silence.

Amanda's POV

Monday, July 28, 1975.

I'm in my dad's meeting room, with other EMI Music directors and Queen members, that's right. They already know that EMI Publishing will buy all of the rights to the band and that Trident Studios has won a hundred thousand pounds claim but that EMI Music has made an agreement with them saying that it will pay this indemnity with the next Queen albums, ie the next six albums Queen, Trident Studios will be entitled to 1% royalty. So the band will have to pick up the new album and succeed, otherwise they will have eternal debt with EMI Music for the rest of their lives. Queen then signed EMI Music's contract and finally found themselves free from Trident Studios. They no longer have a contract with Trident and the next few days they will sign these terms.

- Amanda already knew all this situation, but, I asked my daughter for secrecy, after all, we were still seeing how the whole situation of the band would be - said my father.

"Why is Amanda at that meeting?" Roger asked arrogantly, looking at me.

I smiled at him wryly and said,

- I want to inform the boys of Queen that as of today, as a journalist of EMI Music, I will be responsible for publishing matters regarding the recording of the new album of the band, that is, from time to time I will accompany your daily life On the recording of the album and Cíntia will be the photographer.

"Excellent news, dear Mandy," smiled Freddie.

"Not speaking badly about the band, it's okay." Roger smiled sarcastically.

"Do not worry, Taylor, this time I will not say bad things about the band, I have nothing to hide from the press, I'm the daughter, and I do not suffer threats of any kind to force me to write what I do not want, or use A pseudonym. Now my signatures will be Amanda Lins Bristley, as it should be - I smile ironic at him and Roger looks at me with hatred.

Roger's POV

I look at Mandy and she looks gorgeous in her social skirt, shoe, her red hair done braid and her beautiful fringe. She is more beautiful, but it will certainly not be easy to work with Mandy, after all she will accompany Queen's day to day recording the new album. What the hell. Only this one was missing. I hope to resist the beauty of the redhead and not fall into temptation.

"Welcome to EMI Music, guys," said Alex Bristley.

Alex Bristley, Amanda's father, is a very powerful man at EMI. One of the great directors and no matter how much he is a millionaire, an influential man, he is very nice, humble, respects everyone, regardless of the social class that the person belongs to. He's a very unselfish man, I liked him and we got along really well. What an irony of fate, is not it? It was for Alex to be my father-in-law. But fate did not want it that way.

Amanda smiles at me in a sexy and provocative way. She drives me crazy, she cheated on me and still throws her charm, because, you know I will not resist her. But, I have to resist, after all I'm with Emily now.

To be continued.