Chapter 32 - July 1974

Saturday, July 6, 1974.

Emily POV

I'm in a bar with some colleagues of my agency models. I'm drinking tequila with them. I'm still sad at the end of the courtship. Rog never loved me, so why did you stay with me? I think he did it to provoke Mandy, after all the drummer lately, had shown some interest in the redhead, I perceived this by the look of the blonde on the damn redhead. What a hate I have for Amanda Lins Bristley. I just do not do anything with it, still, because I'm at the beginning of the modeling career and Mr. Alex can hurt me, but when I get a consolidated career, I'm going to end Mandy.

I was taking the second tequila, when I see sitting on a table, alone, Amanda's friend, journalist Mike XXX. I had seen Mike at Kensington Tavern the other times Amanda had taken him. I'll excuse my friends and go to meet the brunette.

- Mike XXX? Do you remember me? I'm the model, Emily Schavinsk. How are you? I asked him.

"Emily, of course I remember you." He smiled and greeted me. - Please sit down.

I sat across from him.

- I ordered some snacks and drinks. We can keep each other company, because I'm alone, "he said.

- I'm with a group of colleagues in the agency models, but the company can do for you, no problem. - I smile - How are the works in NME magazine?

"Run." He smiled. "Working on a magazine is not easy. Being a journalist for a famous music magazine is not easy. It's a lot of work, a borehole.

"Did you get the job for journalist, just like Amanda?" You were trainees until last year, I asked.

"Yes, we did," he said. "But, Amanda stands out much more than I do in Editorial Journalism. She has written interesting articles about bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple and Queen since she was an intern. Even on the solo career of Lennon, McCartney and Harrison she has already written and was highly praised by the musicians. The musicians admire her, even if she criticizes them. And that's surreal, Emily. How can a journalist be respected by a band that is being criticized? But, Amanda is the exception.She earned the respect of the musicians of most Rock and Roll bands. She's an almost perfect journalist. She's not like the other leech journalists, so everyone likes her.

I watched everything Mike spoke and realized that there was a little envy in his voice and melancholy in his eyes.

"She can be respected, but she's not the best journalist. I bet you're better than her, "he said.

- I? Better than Amanda? I'm not. At least not in Musical Journalism. I'm doing a Master's degree in Political Journalism. I want to leave the NME soon and work on a big British newspaper, on the political side. He said, and then they came to the drinks and the snacks.

"And make sure you will," said the cheerleader. "You're competent, Mike. But, I perceive a certain sadness in his look when talking about Amanda.

He looked at me and sighed.

"I like Amanda and she dismissed me," he said sadly. "At first I just wanted to be with Amanda because of her influence in the newspaper, but over time I liked the real redhead, I even confessed my feelings to her, but I was not reciprocated.

"I'm sorry, Mike," she said thoughtfully.

"Amanda said that she likes me as a friend and blah blah blah, the same idiot speech as always, when you're not into someone. - He said.

- Amanda was a fool not to accept you, to accept your love - Said taking another tequila - It may be that she is in love with someone else.

"But by whom?" - He asked.

"I do not know, but we can find out." You can start probe her at work by asking if she's dating anyone. I imagine you're very upset with her, but try to find out something, "he said.

- You're right. If she's in love with someone else, I will not accept that, not really, "he said angrily and I smiled inside." And you're still dating Roger's idiot? " Sorry, but I do not like your boyfriend.

- Roger ended the two-month courtship with me almost two weeks ago - Said sad - He said he tried to love me, but, he did not get that he just liked me.

"So that's why he betrayed you a lot on the American tour, sorry to say that, but it's all his newspapers and magazines," Mike said.

"No need to apologize," she said thoughtfully. "That's why he betrayed me." He said he did not want to make me suffer anymore. But, I still love Roger very much and if he is not mine, it will not be anyone else's.

"So welcome to the club, Emily," Mike said, raising his drink. "If Mandy is not mine, it will not be anyone else's."

"So let's find out if they're liking anyone." And if by chance they are already dating, we can destroy the new romance, what do you think? I asked smiling insolently.

"Combined, Emily, I loved the idea," Mike said with a smile. "A toast to our partnership.

"A toast to our partnership," he said, grinning wickedly and toasted.

I'm still not sure Roger and Mandy are together. If they are not together, it is a matter of time. I will not lose this war. I may even ruin my modeling career, but I will also ruin Mandy's life. She will not be with Roger and everyone will know that she is Alex Bristley's daughter.

To be continued.