Chapter 45 - Tour in Japan / Part 01 / April 1975

Amanda's POV

Friday, April 04, 1975.

Nine o'clock. Freddie, Rog, John and Brian left for Hawaii. EMI Music paid them a one-week trip for them to relax and rest, because when they return they will embark to Japan for a fifteen-day Tour. And I will go with them, to the work of the magazine NME and Cíntia also. I told Rog that if he stays with a Hawaiian woman, I cut his penis into a thousand pieces. Of course Rog was scared by what he said.

During the week that Rog stayed with the boys in Hawaii, I worked extensively on the magazine and did some Master's degrees in Music Journalism. I have already told the teachers that I will miss four days of Master's degree, because I will be traveling to work. They said that then they pass the matter to me, but, that I can rest easy, therefore, I will not be harmed.

I tried to approach Mike without success. I wanted to ask him why Olivia called him to talk to him, but I got no answer. Mike is very mysterious. I have found Olivia more mysterious than before.

The boys returned to London on the 12th of April, on Saturday. The girls and I are waiting for you at the airport. Freddie, Bri and John were a little more dark, but, Rog, my beautiful boyfriend is still white.

"It does not look like it's been sunbathing," I said, laughing at him, kissing him on the lips.

"I know I'm white," he said scowling.

- My beautiful white. She said smiling at him.

Rog and I spent the weekend together. On Monday, fourteen and Tuesday the fifteenth, they rehearsed in one of the EMI Music studios. My father saw them and greeted them personally and said he was very pleased to meet the four boys, especially Roger.

Wednesday, April 16, 1975.

Cynthia and I were with the guys at the airport waiting for our flight to Tokyo. Rog and I wanted to kiss, but for fear of being seen kissed, we just hugged each other and went the whole trip to Tokyo. It was more than twelve hours of flight.

We landed at Haneda airport in Tokyo at seven in the evening of April 17 and there were thousands of Queen fans waiting for the boys.Freddie, Bri, Rog, and John were ahead and driven to a limo. To Cyntia and I there was already a taxi waiting for us, to take us to the hotel that the boys will be staying.

Roger's POV

There are literally thousands, thousands of fans waiting for us at the airport. Fans branded album covers, pictures cut out from musical magazines, and handmade bands (which read such things as "We Love Queen" or "Welcome Roger Queen"). Of course I'm loving all this.What I want most is to be rich, happy, famous and popular. Happy I am already, thanks to my beautiful girlfriend Mandy, I just need to get the other things. We were assigned a team of private security guards. The guys and I met some fans at the airport and took pictures and autographs and then went straight to the limo, which took us straight to the hotel that we would be staying in today and Cynthia and Mandy also went to the same.

The next day, April 18, Queen recorded a participation in a very popular musical TV show in Japan. There was a translator who spoke to us all, since we do not understand Japanese. Cíntia took photos of the recording of the program and Mandy wrote down everything in her notebook what was happening to be published later in NME magazine.

In the nineteenth day, in the morning, after breakfast we took the flight to Kyoto, where Queen will make the first presentation of the tour in Japan. The boys and I rehearsed in the afternoon at the venue f izemos the show in the city in the evening.

On day twenty we boarded for Yokohama. Cynthia and Mandy are worshiping even if they know the Japanese cities quickly. On the twentieth day we meet in Yokohama. April twenty-first was at the time of Hiroshima and day twenty-two of April, Nagasaki. Day twenty-three we had a show in Osaka. Day twenty-four was at the time of the city of Kobe and day twenty-five was at the same time of the city of Nagago and day twenty-seven of April in the city of Sendai. After the show in this city, we took the plane back to Tokyo, because we will have commitments now in the Japanese capital.