Chapter 54 - July 1975 / Part 04

Thursday, July 10, 1975

Amanda's POV

Another day of work in NME magazine. Eight in the morning. I arrive at the department where I work and fulfill everyone, as usual, however, everyone looks at me suspiciously, mysterious.What's going on? I do not see Mike in the apartment. I sit in my chair, at my desk, where there is a typewriter, among other things. Before I could get my things out of my purse, one of the magazine's reporters said,

"Amanda, Chief Olivia is waiting for you in her office.

The journalist looked at me seriously, disgusted. I felt a lump in my throat. Something very serious is happening. I go to my boss Olivia Stuks' room and knock on the door, she asks me to come in. When I walk into your office, will I meet her, Mike and Emily? What is Emily doing here?

"Good morning Mandy," Emily said, smiling.

I remain silent and cross my arms waiting for Olivia to say something.

"Sit down, Mandy," Olivia said and I sat down in front of her.

Next to Olivia was Mike and I was not understanding why.

- What's Mike doing here? I do not understand. - Said.

Mike and Emily smiled at each other and Olivia smiled mysteriously and said,

"You'll know soon enough."

At that moment she took an extraordinary copy of NME magazine in which the cover shows Roger and I kissing in the car and it is written, '' a journalist from NME Amanda Lins is dating Roger Taylor? We found that Amanda Lins is also the daughter of one of the greatest directors of EMI Music, Alex Bristley. ''

My eyes widened. I open the magazine and talk only about myself, the bands I interviewed and Queen. I start reading the magazine in anger. My God, it can not everything is here.

The magazine's article said that I work as a journalist for NME magazine, that I am Brazilian, my mother is Brazilian, but that my father is British and it is Alex Bristley. In the magazine there are also photos that Olivia paid for the photographer who followed me, take the photos. There are the photos where I'm leaving my father's mansion, there are about five photos. My eyes fill with tears. In the magazine it is written the following: ''. Why did not Amanda assume that she is the daughter of one of EMI Music's greatest directors? Was she afraid that some Rock Star would approach her, like Queen's Roger Taylor, just to want her father's money? So, who kept his anonymity for so long, so no one could use it? We want to know the true motive of Amanda Lins Bristley for so long to be silent.

As I read the magazine, tears fell from my eyes. Also on the issue of the magazine I was the NME Messenger, who wrote the magazine articles, detonating Queen, ending the image of the band. Now I'm lost. It's just all here. If I had heard my father before and had opened the game with the boys from Queen, with Rog, with the press, this nightmare would not be happening. In the magazine I still said that I pretended to be Queen's friend to get information from the band and pass the magazine, that I was only with Roger to appear to me, to get better known, but that I wanted to do away with Queen's image through Of the articles he wrote and which used the alias of NME Messenger. And that the good messages I wrote from the band in the magazine was just a way for me to hide my true intentions. I was crying right now. In the magazine I also said that my father Alex Bristley is engaged to Lilian Schavinsk, a very famous fashion consultant and that Emily Schavinsk is Alex's stepdaughter and had already dated Roger, because the photographic model confessed that and said that she always loved Rog And that I stole her blonde drummer.

"A copy of the magazine has already been sent to Roger's apartment, just so you know, Mandy," Emily said, smiling.

"What the hell are you doing here?" - He said crying.