Chapter 09

Amanda's POV

Friday, June twenty-ninth, 1973.

After another afternoon of internship in NME magazine, Cynthia and I left the large building of the magazine.

"I'm going to the subway, Mandy," Cynthia said. "I'm going to get home, take a shower, make dinner, and study. I'll see you later. I hope dinner with your father this time is peaceful.

- Since Lilian Schavinsk is not present, it will be wonderful and her daughter also futile. I can not stand both. Thankfully I do not live with my father, otherwise when he marries this woman I will not live under the same roof, "he said.

Cyntia left for the subway and I took a cab and headed for my father's mansion.

As I got out of the taxi, I paid the driver and he left and I still had to look around so nobody would follow me where I was going. My father insisted that after my expedient I would call one of his drivers to pick me up in front of the building, even if it was a popular car, but I refused.Sometimes I have the impression that my boss Olivia wants to know more things about me, but will not get it.

I arrive at the front gate of my father's mansion and the security guards already authorize my entry. I walk quietly down a small road until I get to the front of the house. When the housekeepers saw me, they smiled. They all know that I am Alex's daughter, but if any of them open their mouths to the press about it they will be sued by my father.

"Good evening, young Mandy," Louise said to the housekeeper.

"Good evening Louise." I smiled at her.

"You look more beautiful every day, I do not know how you're still single." She smiled.

"I just have not found the right person yet," he said, smiling.

"A blue-eyed blonde soon appears to you, my daughter," Louise said, smiling. "You did not forget when you once told me that you prefer blondes with blue eyes."

- And I really prefer - Smile - A Rock Star still, who like that, like Robert Plant?

- Robert Plant does your style - She smiled at me - will appear a more beautiful blonde he in your life.

"Really, Louise, do you really think so?" "So, please introduce me to this blond, because no other has appeared so far."

"It will come and you will introduce it to me." She smiled and went with me into the living room of my father's mansion.

"Mister Alex, your daughter is here," said Louise, smiling.

"Okay Louise, please, you can have dinner delivered already," my father told her and looked at me.

I looked at my dad and the urge to hug him was speaking louder. I am very attached to him sentimentally.

- Hi, my daughter, how are you? He asked sadly.

"Hello, Daddy," he said, looking at him sadly too. - I'm fine and you?

"I have not been well since you left here this time in revolt and stayed for several days without wanting to talk to me." He said annoyed.

I look at my beautiful father. He's fifty-one, but still beautiful. Thin, tall, beautiful green eyes, red hair, still has a youthful appearance. I did not resist and went to meet him and hugged him tightly and he hugged me.

"Forgive me, Father, please." Forgiveness for everything! I did not want to stop talking to you, but I was very annoyed to hear of your marriage to Lilian, "she said in annoyance.

My father kissed my head.

"My daughter, my love, I know you do not like Lilian and Emily, but please, at least respect my decision," he said.