Chapter 37 - October 1974

Roger's POV

Wednesday, sixteen October 1974

Bri, Deacy, Freddie and I spent the afternoon tonight at the BBC studios at Langham studios. From two in the afternoon until eight at night, we recorded the songs Now I'm Here, Stone Cold Crazy, Flick On the Wrist and now we're going to record the last song, Tenement Funster, which was written by me.

Cíntia is present in the studios, as she is taking photos of us, which will also be used for the UK tour that starts on November 1st. My girlfriend Mandy, was also in the studio, following the recording, making notes in her notebook. Today she worked in the morning in NME magazine and the afternoon came straight to the studios on the job. But, before the boys and I recorded Mandy on a new publication of the NME magazine, in which the nickname The Messenger of the NME speaks ill of Queen.

"Dear Mandy, please tell us who writes these articles on the NME talking badly about Queen. Who is this pseudonym The Messenger of the NME? Asked Freddie.

"I said I do not know," said my annoyed girlfriend. "Freddie, I swear to you I do not know.

- Love, I believe in you, we believe in you - I told Mandy that was sitting on the couch almost crying - But, fuck, from time to time they rock with the band's image and I'm not talking to you, the c ontrário, You always support us, but we want to know who is talking about these things from the band.

"We're just worried about these articles, Mandy," Deacy said, looking at Mandy. "This time they went too far.

"Totally," Brian said thoughtfully.

I was with the magazine NME in hand, this week that read:

'' Queen frescurenta is a band formed by incompetent musicians who paid professional musicians to record their albums. They are beings endowed with imbecilities, are arrogant, pedantic, macho and sexist. They are worthless beings. They will never be a real Rock and Roll band. Drummer Roger Taylor is the worst of the four: he's a typical musician with no talent, but he's the best of them all. Go to a rock school, Roger. '

I stopped reading the rest of the story because it was making us angry.

"That's what pisses me off, Mandy," she said in annoyance. "Honey, I know you have nothing to do with it, but you could at least try to find out to us who's doing these slander, please.

- I said I do not know and I do not have to do with it - said Mandy upset with tears in his eyes.

"Love of my life, you do not have to be like that either," I told her. "Mandy, my angel, just try to find out something, okay?

"Okay, I'll try to figure it out, but I can not promise I'll get it, but I'll figure it out." Mandy said sadly and I hugged my girlfriend and kissed her lips because I was only in Freddie, Bri, Deacy's room and I.

"I love you very much, redhead," he said, kissing her on the lips.

"I love you too, my love," she said, kissing my lips. "Please record the songs, and do not let those events get in the way of your performance today."

"We'll do our best, my love," I said, smiling at her, kissing her again and running my hand through her beautiful red hair.

Next we went to record the songs and now we will record my song.

- Ready to record Tenement Funster? - said the director.

- Yes, we're ready! - Said finishing drinking water and was ready to play and sing my song.

- Three, two, one, recording - said the director and I started to sing after a little solo Bri and I looked at my girlfriend Mandy, nonstop.

She even smiled at me with strength, encouragement.