Chapter 39 - December 1974

Amanda's POV

Monday, December 9, 1974.

I'm in NME magazine working. I work until December twenty and then I'll take a month's vacation. This year I will spend Christmas and New Year's Eve in Truro with Roger's family. And I can not travel to Brazil this time because in January John and Veronica, who is pregnant will get married and Rog will be John's page and I will be one of Veronica's bridesmaids and we will help them in some wedding details. Roger wants to introduce me to his family, like his girlfriend. My father Alex is very happy that I'm dating Roger, but I asked him not to comment with Lilian and Emily, since the young model still likes Roger and I do not want problems.

I already went on a Masters vacation, but my French class will have until next week. The last day of school was Friday. Classes are now back in the second half of February. Rog is also on vacation for the Masters in Molecular Biology. At night he goes to the apartment with the boys. They went to Trident Studios earlier today, asking for money they got right. Really they are being deceived by them.

Roger's POV

Nine of December, eleven in the morning. I park my Mini Cooper singing high tire, in front of the Trident Studios building. Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I got out of the car and we're going directly to talk to the Sheffield brothers, owners of Trident Studios. The short tour in the UK was good, but the guys and I are being duped. We already have three albums released by Trident Studios and we still live in misery. They are making money at our expense. I live in a rented apartment with my friend Les, near the River Thames, on Kew Road in Richmond. Freddie and Mary live in a small apartment at 100 Holland Road, Kensington W14, but nothing more than that. Freddie's grand piano serves as the headboard for the bed he shared with Mary. The walls of the small apartment are full of fungi, as well as moisture.

Deacy, who will be a father and is about to marry Veronica, lives in a rented room in Parsons Green. And Bri lived in a single room, in a boarding house in Earls Court and survived the fish and chips base, had a small gas stove, with no access to running water, except in the communal bathroom at the end of the corridor.

We were directed to the Sheffield Brothers' office. The two were present. And they asked what we wanted.

- We want money, my dear. Money we're entitled to for the tours and the sale of our albums, "Freddie said sarcastically." I want money to buy a new grand piano.

"I want enough money to rent a decent apartment," Brian said irritably.

"And I want money to buy a new car," he said angrily. "Can you hear our orders?"

The Sheffield brothers laughed and said they would not give us what we asked for.

"I want money to rent a nice apartment because I'm going to get married and my girlfriend Veronica is pregnant and she also needs to get some prenatal check-ups that need to be paid for," Deacy commented. "I need four thousand pounds in all."

The Sheffield Brothers looked at Deacy and said,

- Request denied. Do you really think we'll give you £ 4,000?

My blood boiled with hate and I got up from the chair.

- Deny the request of Freddie, Brian and mine that are superfluous near the request of Deacy, okay, but, deny the request of Deacy, who is with the girlfriend pregnant? THIS IS TOTALLY UNHUMAN, BASTARDS, FUNNY - He said with hatred going towards the brothers to fill them with a scabbard, but the boys held on.

"You better control yourself, Roger," one of them laughed wryly.

- You know what we'll do? Let's get justice and demand a breach of contract with Trident Studios, "he said angrily.