Chapter 15

Amanda's POV

Tuesday, July 24, 1973

I'm working in the morning in NME magazine. Around noon, I go out to lunch with Mike and Cynthia. Even if she works in the photography wing, we always have lunch together. In the morning, Olivia's shrew was not present, all right, but by now afternoon after two o'clock she'll be in her office.

Mike, Cynthia and I are going to have lunch at a restaurant near the magazine. While Mike orders rice, steak with fries and salad, Cintia and I ordered rice, green salad and grilled chicken and natural juice.

- Both are making a success in NME magazine. Cynthia for being an excellent trainee in the photography part. Your pictures are incredible, Cynthia, the bands have praised you - said Mike.

"Thanks Mike, but I still have to learn a lot," Cyntia said, smiling.

"But what Mike says is true," I told my friend. "You're an excellent photographer. You have a bright future in photography.

"Besides shooting the Rock and Roll bands, I feel like one day traveling the world and photographing the natural beauties of planet Earth, photographing people, cultures," she said, smiling.

- Like the Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado? Mike asked.

"Exactly like him," Cynthia said.

"Maybe one day you realize this dream and then with the photographs you take, make an exposition, maybe even write a book about that experience," she said enthusiastically to Cynthia.

"It's not a bad idea, Mandy," Cyntia said, smiling.

Cíntia, in addition to taking pictures of Queen, when Trident Studios calls her, she has also photographed some photos of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Lennon, with the presence of the magazine's professional photographer. The photos of Cíntia have been successful in the magazine and the bands really are already beginning to be interested by the work of my friend.

- And while you do succeed with the photos, her friend Mandy is successful with those of bands - Mike smiled - Your friend, will be a great journalist, Cynthia.

- I'm sure you do, Mike - Cindy smiled - You wrote another article this weekend about which band right, Mandy?

- The Rolling Stones - I smiled - I love this band. Last week I did a little interview with them and loved interviewing them, especially Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

"And the bands are loving you more and more," said Mike, smiling.

Mike's POV

I confess that no matter how Mandy is beautiful and intelligent, I envy her. I wanted to be in your place as one of the most important internships in the NME. I want to, that's the truth. Mandy must have some defect that could harm her and I need to know what it is. I pretend to be Mandy's friend, but deep down I want to hurt her. And for that, I can not leave any suspicion on me.Absolutely nothing. I hate the Queen band and for me they will never succeed. I realize that Mandy hates Roger and vice versa, but I feel that this can change and become love at any moment.

Amanda's POV

After Cynthia, Mike and I came back from lunch, Cynthia went to the photography department and Mike and I returned to the Newsroom. It's one o'clock. Tomorrow, Queen will record at the BBC News studios, plus some songs and I'll go to work. That's right, Olivia commissioned me to write all about Queen's recordings on BBC News.

Two in the afternoon, Olivia arrived at the newsroom and greeted everyone and entered her office. She carried a large black folder with you. This woman gives me shivers, I've said that before, have not I?

Just before six o'clock in the afternoon, before finishing another business day, Olivia called me to her office. It was taking too long.

"Yes, Mrs. Olivia?" - I said to her.

"Please call me Olivia," she said. "Please close the door and sit down here.

She pointed to the chair. I closed the door and sat in the chair, facing her.

"Tomorrow afternoon, by the time you get out of the magazine, you know, you're going to the BBC News to track the recordings of some of Queen's songs. Only a few guests as musical producers, family members and journalists and photographers will have access to the venue, "she said.

- I already know that, Olivia, but not yet received my credentials - said.

- Your credential is here as a NME intern. You will go with the photographer, Cíntia, who is also a trainee. She said, handing me the credential.

"Okay, Olivia," she said with her badge in her hand.

"Be careful not to lose your badge." But, I called you here for something else - she said smiling and opened a large black folder and I could see some photos and I was astonished and the world lacked collapsed on my head.

She looked up at me, smiling victoriously.

"So what do you think of this, Mandy?" I am a powerful woman and when I want something I will until the end - She said smiling malefically.

"That's not possible," she said in revulsion as I rose from my chair.

"Calm down, Mandy, please do not be nervous," she said.

"How can I not be nervous, with everything you're showing me in this folder?" I said indignantly.

"Mandy, please, sit down, it's an order," said Olivia, looking at me with a murderous look.

I sit in my chair and look coldly at her.

"What do you mean by all this?" She said nervously.

"You'll know soon enough, my dear Mandy, and this matter is very serious, but I'm sure you'll make the right decision," Olivia said, smiling at me in a manic way.

I shivered whole and as she spoke I saw that there was no way out. My God, this woman really is the demon incarnated on earth, but my father warned her that she was not trustworthy.

To be continued.