Chapter 08 - Pretty Woman

June 1973

Roger's POV

Friday, June twenty-second, 1973.

I arrived from college and already went to do the Course Completion Work that will be presented in two weeks. After I received my undergraduate degree in Biology at East London Polythecnic and for me to continue receiving the university student aid from the British government, I will hold a Masters Degree in Molecular Biology at the University of London. I already got the scholarship for the Master's degree, I just need to finish the degree.

Meanwhile, I study for the College Course Completion Work and the release of Queen's first album. Tomorrow there will be the June party organized by Cynthia and Mandy in the ballroom of the building they live in. And Cyntia invited me. Mandy of course, did not like the idea of ​​my presence, but, she will accept because of Cíntia.

Late in the afternoon the phone rang and I answered. Les was at work, he already finished chemistry college and now he works in a chemical industry in London and studies Master. I stop studying and I'll answer the phone.

- May I help? I said on the phone.

"Hello, dear Rog, it's Freddie," he said, smiling.

"Freddie, what a surprise to call me at this hour." I did not forget the rehearsal tonight at the Imperial College auditorium, "I said, smiling.

"I know, my dear, but I'm not hungry for anxiety," he said, smiling.

- What happened? I asked attentively.

- On July 25th, on the eve of her birthday, we will have the second recording on BBC News's Lanham 1 Studio. - Freddie said - We will continue the recording and put songs from our first album.

- Excellent news - I smile - Through BBC News we will make new recordings of our songs that could be more successful.

"Sure, my dear Rog," Freddie said. "I'm going to call Bri and Deacy to tell you the news, I can not wait to stay until tonight. See you later, my dear friend.

"See you later." I smile and turn off the phone.

On February 5 of that year, Queen recorded the song My Fairly Queen, Keep Yourself Alive, Doing Alright and Liar, on BBC News's Langhman 1 Studio. And it was an incredible experience. The second part of the recording I'm sure will be even better.

At night, I went to one of the Imperial College auditoriums to rehearse with the boys. We are always rehearsing, because soon we will start recording the second album of the band and we are already writing the new song lyrics for the band.

Saturday, June twenty-third.

Eight in the evening.

Freddie accompanied by Mary, Deacy accompanied by Veronica, Bri, Les, Tim, Clare and I are at the June party organized by Cynthia and Amanda. They are featured and Amanda is simply beautiful. She has a long braid on her natural red hair. She slipped some eye pencils around her dark brown eyes and a red lipstick. Amanda is in a sexy country girl dress and sandal. It's summer already and she's very comfortable. There were still some friends of Cynthia and Amanda from college and internship. I see Amanda, accompanied by a guy who never saw and I confess that I did not like nor I understand why, after all I hate Amanda and she hates me.

Mandy comes up to us and introduces us, Mike, her co-worker.

"This is Mike, my co-worker, a future journalist," Amanda smiled.

"Another journalist in the group?" I can not believe! He said sarcastically. "Now you have a helper for your research, your interviews, too?"

"Do not be ridiculous, Roger! Mandy smiled sarcastically. "Mike, do not mind him." Of Queen who matters is Freddie, Brian and John, who are really talented and deserve respect.