Chapter 41 - Tour in the United States / January - February 1975

Amanda's POV

Monday, January twenty-seventh, 1975.

I returned to work on the magazine on January 20, and my boss, Olivia Stuks, requested that I accompany Queen on the American tour and write a report. Of course I will not be able to stay the whole tour. I shall have to go back to London on the fifteenth of February, for, on the seventeenth of February, my Master's classes return. On the twenty-seventh, Cynthia and I embarked for the United States with the boys.John had already returned from his honeymoon.

On the twenty-eighth of January we arrived in New York and stayed for a week in the city, testing the new amplification and stage lighting systems. I wrote in my notebook everything that happened. We also wandered around the cities in their spare time, and I used to date Rog in secret.

"I think you should tell everyone about our romance at any time, my love." How long must we date each other in secret? - Rog said annoyed.

"I promise I'll think of something, my love," he said, kissing her lips. "I believe Mike and Emily will have to know the truth at any moment."

"Of course they must know the truth," Rog said, kissing me.

On February 3, they performed in Columbus, Ohio and made three more appearances in the city and on February 7 they performed in Cleveland, day eight in Detroit and day nine in February in Boston. Cíntia took pictures of the boys, while I wrote everything to be published in the magazine, later.

Day February 10 was the turn of North Carolina, on February 11 Carolina do Sul, on February 12 was the turn of Texas, the thirteenth inIndiana and day February 14 at Valentine's Day was the time of Miami . After the presentation, Rog and I returned to the hotel and Rog ordered a special dinner that would be taken to his room, for two people. I went into his hotel room and there was everything ready for the romantic dinner.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my love," Rog said, kissing me in love.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my love," she said, kissing him back in love.

He hands me my gift, which is a big teddy bear from Snoopy, the puppy that I love, and for him I gave him a collection of new sticks, for him to use in the presentations.

"Unfortunately you have to return to London tomorrow with Cynthia. If it were up to me, you'd stay here with me, until the end of the tour, "he said, running his hand through my hair.

- My love, I also wanted to stay with you until the end of the tour - Said kissing him on the lips - But, I have the Masters, last year and many subjects to study. But do not worry my love, we'll see you soon. I just hope the rest of the tour stays true to me.

"I swear to God, in the name of our love, that I will be faithful to you, I will never betray you my love, I only have eyes for you," he said with a smile.

Saturday morning, as the boys catch a flight to Seattle, Cynthia and I head back to London, because studies call us back to reality.

On Monday, the seventeenth, my Master's degree began again, and everything I wrote while I was with Queen on Uncle Sam's Land gave me the magazine to be published.

Roger's POV

After Mandy and Cynthia returned to London, the boys and I flew to Seattle and showed up in the city on the fifteenth night, on the sixteenth we performed in Orlando, on the seventeenth, on Monday, it was the turn of Chicago, day Eighteen we performed in San Francisco, day nineteen in Baltimore, day twenty in New Orleans, day twenty-one in Las Vegas, day twenty-two in Los Angeles, day twenty-three in New York. In the twenty-fourth day, we stand in Philadelphia and during the show Freddie began to lose his voice and the local doctor diagnosed the possible presence of nodules on the vocal cords of Freddie. Freddie was advised to rest, but on the twenty-fifth day in Washington, we introduced him and Freddie sang very well, but after the performance his voice was gone and another doctor said that for at least a week we should not do a show, Otherwise, Freddie's situation could get worse.

Only this one was missing. I called my girlfriend and told Mandy everything what was going on. She asked Freddie to take care of herself.We really have to wait a week for him to recover and we had to cancel the other shows in six cities.

Amanda's POV

Friday, the twenty-eighth of February. Rog told me that they are expecting Freddie to improve his voice, to continue with the tour. My friend needs to take care of them, so they can comply with the North American tour. Six pm. I leave work, end of file. Tonight I'll go to the pizzeria with the girls and Veronica will join us. I leave the New Musical Express building and open my bag and put on my engagement ring I got from Rog. I just do not use it at work, because I do not want Olivia and Mike to know.

Olivia's POV

When I'm leaving with my car, from the parking lot of the NME I see Mandy putting an engagement ring on her finger? It's not possible. Is she committed and did not tell anyone about the magazine? Who will be your boyfriend? I'll pretend I do not know anything, but I'll figure out who she's dating.

To be continued.