Chapter 05

May 1973

Roger's POV

Sunday, May 06, 1973

I got up late on Sunday around noon and took a shower. The night before, everyone had gone to the Kensington Tavern. Cíntia finished making the photographic essay of the band, to the back cover of the first album of the Queen. As for the cover, Cynthia went to Trident Studios and took a picture of Freddie in one of the boxes that was there and my friend was on the stage, as if he were singing to the audience and Cíntia photographed him like that. The photos have already been revealed and will now be put on the cover and back cover of the album. We are looking forward to the release of the band's album. Meanwhile, Freddie, Brian, Deacy and I have already started writing new songs for the band's second album, which we plan to record soon. I take a shower and then I go to lunch. My sister Clare had slept in the apartment, for after they had left the Kensington Tavern, she had gone with me and slept in the guest room.And she sort of woke up a little before I was finishing lunch. Les got up.

"That night was good, but I have a little headache," Clare said taking a pill and medicine. "And how are you feeling?"

"I've got a little hangover," he said with a grimace. "Yesterday I drank a lot and I had lots of girls.

"Six in all," Les said. "You kissed six girls last night at the Kensington Tavern.

- All that? I asked incredulously.

"Exactly, brother," Clare said as she finished taking the pill and then placing the chicken and ricotta pancakes Les and I enjoyed at the table.

"Even I was scared to myself," he said, smiling.

"You have no way, my brother, so the girls call you a womanizer, rightly." Clare smiled, putting pancake on her plate.

"Even Mandy's nonsense yesterday kissed a boy," he said, grinning sarcastically.

"So you noticed that Mandy kissed a boy yesterday?" Clare's eyebrow quirked.

- It is very observant my friend - Smiled Les - Amanda is very beautiful, it is natural that it catches the attention of the boys.

I grimaced and began to eat the pancake.

"Are you going to say that Mandy does not look beautiful, my brother?" Clare looked at me as she ate lunch.

"Mandy is a young woman like any other," she said, trying to change the subject.

"But you did not answer if you thought her pretty or ugly," Les said, looking at me.

- Mandy is a very beautiful young woman, I confess. She draws attention because of her beauty, her red hair, her dark brown eyes, but just that. Other than that, she is arrogant, arrogant, just because she is a journalism student thinks she has the right to invade people's lives. I'm even afraid of what she can write against Queen, "she said, giving him a forkful of pancake.

"I do not think Mandy could ever speak ill of Queen, my brother," Clare said. "She may even disagree with something of the band, but she would never slay Queen in NME magazine.

"I think she would not be able to," Les said.

"I'm not so sure anymore," he said thoughtfully. "These journalism students are capable of anything to want whatever they want.

"We'd better close this up," my sister Clare said, looking a little angry at me. "I do not like you to speak badly about Amanda.

"I already noticed that, my sister. I never thought that you would be so friendly with Amanda, my great dislike. "I'll confess I'll be jealous of you with Mandy," she said, looking at my sister, and she smiled.