Chapter 57 - July 1975 / Part 07

Saturday, July 19, 1975

Amanda's POV

Cynthia and I are finishing packing. Today is Brian's twenty-eighth birthday. It's ten at night. Bri comes to pick us up shortly. I will go on his birthday, because on Thursday Freddie and he came to talk to me and said that they forgive me, for everything that happened, that even if they were hurt, they put themselves in my place and understood that I had reason to omit about what I am Daughter of Alex Bristley. I also told them that my father ended his engagement to Lilian. They said that John is still very hurt with me and Roger so no comment. They said that in time everything will return to normal, but, I believe it will never be the same, everything will be different from now on. Bri then commented that he would celebrate his birthday at the Kensington Tavern with our friends. I refused at first, therefore, I did not want to meet Roger. But, Freddie said I'm not required to talk to Roger, so I'll ignore him. I finish putting lipstick on my lips and look at myself in the mirror. I'm with a denim bell-bottom pants, platform heels, beige shirt inside my pants, a denim jacket, one flowerhead band or my hair, letting my redhead fringe show, big earrings and colorful and light makeup around my eyes . At ten-thirty sharp Bri came to fetch Cynthia and me. Bri drove the car and Cynthia was at his side, talking, as I thought of everything that had happened in the last few days.

Yesterday, Veronica gave birth to baby Robert and she is still in the hospital. I really wanted to see the baby, Cynthia was early today, but since John is hurt with me and I will not be the child's godmother anymore, I chose not to visit him at the hospital. Bri stopped the car at a red light and I'm looking out through the window.

- Anxious to start working at EMI Music, Monday, Mandy? Bri looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"Until I'm settled, Bri," he said with a sigh. "There are other things that are taking my mind, drawing me to sleep.

Roger? - He asked - My friend is suffering in silence. This week he wanted to cut his wrists with a knife, but the boys and I prevented him from committing madness.

I looked at Brian in amazement, but, nothing said, just lowered my head and some tears fell from my face.

"Roger is in the pit, melancholy. I've never seen him like this before, "Brian said.

"I'm sorry for being this pain in your friend," he said looking at Brian this time. "But he also hurt me a lot with the horrible things he said about me.

"Roger is emotionally upset, Mandy, this is the truth and if he is so, it's because he still loves you," Brian said, starting the vehicle again.

"I do not think so," he said, smiling gloomily. "Roger hates me from now on and so it will be.

"We'd better change the subject, do not you think?" Cyntia said worriedly. "Tonight we are going to celebrate Bri's birthday and I want joy, no sadness, dammit.

"You're right, my friend," he said, smiling at Cynthia.

But what Bri commented on me was on my mind. Roger tried to kill himself? It is? Cut your wrists with a knife? I never thought it would cause such damage to the blonde. I never thought it would come to that.

Roger's POV

During the week, after I tried to cut my wrists with the knife, Emily contacted me and commented on everything that had happened. That Mandy's father had finished his engagement to her mother. Emily said she was sorry for me, for everything that had happened, and that she never said anything to me while we were together, because Mandy's father also asked for nothing to be said and she said she was afraid to say something and spoil the engagement Of his mother with Alex Bristley. So I invited her to Bri's birthday at Kensington Tavern. I hope my friend does not get annoyed with me, I know he does not like Emily, but I'll go with her, because I do not want to be alone at the party. Of course, Cynthia will go and Mandy too, because Freddie and Bri went to talk to her. So I want to show the redhead that I'll be back with Emily. That's it. I'll be with Emily again.

I passed Emily's house and gave her a ride and from there we went to Kensington Tavern. Emily was very handsome, but nothing compared to the treacherous redhead.

Amanda's POV

When Cynthia and I arrived at Kensington Tavern with Bri, we found Mary at the door with Freddie, Clare, Les, Tim, some other Bri friends I do not know about college and Roger with Emily? That's right? My hatred for the blonde only increased. I greeted everyone except Roger and Emily. I'm still mad at Clare, so I just greeted her. I did not want to talk to her. Shit. Roger is such a son of a bitch. He's with Emily just to tease me, it can only be, but I'll pretend I do not know him.

At night I danced with Mary, Freddie, Cynthia. I noticed that Clare was watching me, as if she wanted to talk to me, but I did not care about her. At one point, while I was at the bar to get a drink, I realize that a hooded man, the same who tried to abuse me sexually for over a year, was watching me at the Tavern Kensington. This time, I did not feel afraid, I want to see who it is. Those green eyes that look at me in a crazy way are familiar. But from whom?

I go back to the place I am with my friends and every once in a while the hooded man, just with his eyes out he watches me. The hours go by and Roger and Emily are kissed in front of everyone. Everyone looks at me, as if expecting some reaction from me, but, I show coldness. Around three in the morning, we are already in the daughter, paying our commissions, to go home. I had already paid for mine. The hooded man walks past me and puts a note inside the pocket of my denim jacket. I took the note and it was written: ''. I know everything about your life, Mandy. And I'm going to follow her to the end of the world. ''

I look at the paper with hatred and comment with Cynthia:

"The masked man who tried to sexually abuse me more than a year ago, was here at the Kensington Tavern and left me that note.

I show the ticket to Cynthia and everyone who was nearby heard what I said.

"And why did not you say that son of a bitch was here, Mandy?" Brian asked irritably.

- Because I'll find out now who is the bastard - said angry and go out quickly from Taverna Kensington and my friends call me, asking me to wait, but ignore them completely.

But, I did not have time. I want to know what this son of a bitch wants with me.

Already on the sidewalk I look sideways, to see which way he went. Curse. I just hope he has not left. I go a little further down the street, to see if the meeting, but, I do not see it. The street is deserted. Shit, I wanted to find out who it was. Even today curiosity sharpens me to know who the crazy is and surely he knows me very well. Son of a bitch. Suddenly I feel someone grab me in the back and say to my ear,

"Are you looking for me, Mandy?"

It was the hooded man, who put a cloth on my nose, with a sleeping pill, and at the time I fall asleep.

To be continued.