Chapter 49 - The Alfa Romeo by Roger / May 1975

Amanda's POV

Saturday, Sept. 17, 1975.

After the guys came back from the Japan tour, which was great, a few days went by, and my story on the Queen tour in Japan was published and became a hit. All the music magazines praised Queen at the time, but after so much criticism from many newspapers and magazines, Freddie, Bri, John, and Rog ignore the praise. They are afraid that at any moment they can make more criticism. The boys still have raids on the press and it will not end overnight. The boys say they only respect me because they know I'm a journalist and that's increasingly consuming me from the inside. I have not yet dared to tell them that I am Alex Bristley's daughter.

EMI Music also told them that while Jim Beach works in court over Queen to break Trident Studios' contract without paying a fine, meanwhile, Freddie, Bri, Rog and John must work on a new album, which EMI will pay for the record. The boys accepted, but they are afraid, because if the next album is a failure in sales, they will end Queen and have to pay a large sum of money to EMI Music for the rest of their lives.

I talked to my dad about it and he said that EMI Music is investing heavily in Queen and want a comeback, an album that will be the watershed in Queen's career, to make a worldwide hit, a shocking album. So the guys have started writing lyrics and Freddie is cheering his bandmates to the fullest, including Rog. I talked a lot with my boyfriend and told him to have faith and perseverance, because, everything will work out.

"If it does not work out with Queen, I'll go back to my Masters in Molecular Biology and I'll be a Biologist." If I were a biologist, would you stay with me, my love? Rog asked me.

- Of course I would stay with you, my angel, I love you very much, you can be a musician, biologist, dentist, pilot, whatever, I will always be with you my beautiful blonde - I said to him smiling - But, do not give up your dream, Side of the boys. This time you will get my love.

Saturday, Seventeen of May. W ith the heiro din that each won the Japanese tour, Rog sold his old car, the Mini Cooper and bought a beautiful Alfa Romeo, light blue, 1975 and at that time I enter in your car, for Rog took the car yesterday At the end of the afternoon and today we will ride in your new vehicle.

"You'll feel the power of the engine of my new car, Mandy," Rog said, smiling, starting the vehicle and singing tire and racing.

"Love, slow down," she said, a little frightened, laughing.

"Love relaxes and feel the power of this car." He smiled quickly driving through the streets of London and fifteen minutes later he took the freeway.

"Rog, where are we going?" I asked scared.

"Let's just test my new car on the highway, my love," Rog said, smiling, and his vehicle speed increased rapidly.

- ROG! I screamed inside the vehicle and he smiled.

"Trust me, my love, I've done kart riding lessons and next week I'll start driving, I drive well, you know." He smiled.

- I know you drive very well, my love, but, it's good not to abuse luck, Rog - I told him and my boyfriend just smiled and continued to fly his Alfa Romeo on the road.

Shortly after, Rog started to beat the wheel of the car and sing something like:

When I'm holdin 'your wheel

All I hear is your gear
When my hand is on your grease gun
Oh it's like a disease

I look at my boyfriend, who keeps his attention on the highway, but, he smiles and says,

"What are you looking at, my love?"

"What song is that?" - I asked.

"It's a new song I'm writing my love to, but I will not give you too many details. It's still early - He smiled at me quickly a beautiful way and he was wearing dark glasses, leaving the more enjoyable.

"I want to know what that song is," I said to him, pouting.

He looked at me quickly and brought his lip close to mine and bit my lips and smiled back.

"Rog, do you want to kill us on the highway?" Watch the road, "she said, startled.

"You provoked me, my love, you know I can not resist you." He smiled at me in love. "I love you very much.

"I love you too much my angel." I smile at him, and half an hour later he stopped the car on the road, from where it was possible to see all of London.

We got out of his Alfa Romeo and we leaned against the vehicle and saw the city of London.

"I've lived in London for so long, and I still do not know that part of the road, that you can see the whole city, I loved it," I told him, kissing him.

"I knew you'd like it." He smiled. "From now on you'll be my co-pilot, will not you?"

"Combined, my love," I said, hugging him tightly and he hugged me back burying his face in my hair and he bit my ear.

"Love of my life." He smiled.

"Bramble of my life." He smiled back and we were dating in the middle of the road, leaning against Rog's car.

Dating Rog is pure adrenaline, has to accompany him in the crazy and I deep down, I love it all.

To be continued.