Chapter 16 - Langhman 1 Studio

Amanda's POV

Wednesday, July 25, 1973

After I leave the internship at the magazine, at six in the afternoon, Cynthia and I took the subway, toward the Langhman 1 Studio.

"I hope the boys do a beautiful presentation today," Cynthia said, carrying her photographic equipment on the subway.

"I really hope everything works out," he told Cyntia. "Just thinking I have to look at Roger's face again today is a torment.

"Torment?" My friend, tomorrow is Roger's birthday and on Sunday you will make him a birthday lunch. "Cynthia laughed.

"I'll do it because Clare begged, she already gave me the money for the things I have to buy, and the sour blond already demanded whatever I prepare for lunch, idiot, how angry I am of him," he said angrily and Cynthia laughed and some people on the subway They looked at me frightened.

"I just smile when I see Roger and you argue," Cyntia said, laughing.

- That, laughed at my misfortune. Roger is an idiot, "she said angrily, and for a moment I remembered what Olivia and I had been talking about late in the afternoon in the magazine's office and I felt a chill and I shivered.

"Is everything okay, my friend?" Cyntia asked, looking at me.

"Yes, my friend, I just felt a chill, without explanation, but I'm fine again," he said.

"That's the anxiety to write the magazine article about Queen's performance at Langhman Studio 1" Cynthia smiled.

Half an hour later we got off the subway and still walked another five minutes on foot until we reached Langhman 1 Studio and presented our badge. One of the security guards sent us to the sector that the press would be. I look at the clock. It's ten to seven at night. Queen from seven at night begins to perform.

- The guys are not on stage, must be in the dressing room getting ready - she said Cynthia riding his professional camera.

"They're doing it," I said, opening my notebook and making notes. - Freddie called me and it's already arranged for after the presentation we go to the pizzeria with them ok?

"Okay," Cynthia smiled.

We saw Clare sitting with Veronica, Mary, Tim and Les in another section of the theater, alongside Bri's parents, Freddie's parents with John's sister, mother and sister, and Mrs. Winifred, Roger and Clare's mother, and Stepfather of them, Trevor.

I nod smiling at them all.

"Winifred likes you very much, imagine if you dated Roger," Cyntia said, smiling.

"Why do you insist on that, my friend? Roger and I will never be boyfriends, that's the truth, "I said, laughing.

At seven o'clock sharp, Queen took the stage and there was a presenter who said a few words before the boys introduced themselves. I already started writing in my notebook and Cynthia taking pictures.

Shortly after, they began to play and sing the song See What a Fool I've Been, in another version. I wrote down in my notebook the performance of the band. Then it was the turn of the song Keep Yourself Alive and then Liar and the presenter paused for some journalists to ask some questions. I wrote down everything and as I was close to the stage, Roger was staring at me mysteriously. So after a while, I raised my hand.

"You're journalist Amanda Lins, that's it, from the New Musical Express?" The presenter asked.

- I am a student of Journalism, for now I am still an intern, with great pride - Sorrio - I would like to ask the boys a question.