Chapter 35 - Do you want to be my girlfriend? ❤ August 1974

Roger's POV

Saturday, August 3rd. Six in the morning. I went to get Mandy in her apartment early in the morning, so we took the day off to go to the beach. Let us go to Brighton, which is only an hour away from here.

I pick up the basket Mandy brought containing food, to our beach picnic, which she prepared and put in my Mini Cooper's trunk. I need to change cars, urgent. I'll do it soon. I'm a bit tired, because I stayed at Trident Studios until ten o'clock at night with the boys, because we're still passing some coordinates to Bri, about the songs we've recorded. Kiss Mandy on her lips and she hugged me tight.

- Good morning my sweetieheart - She said affectionately.

"Good morning, my beautiful redhead." He smiled at her and got into the car.

Ten minutes later, I already took the freeway toward Brighton.

"Is my kitty sleepy?" She asked. "Will you stop the car a little?"

"Not my kitty, I can drive," I said. "Unless you want to drive." I smile.

"I have qualification, but I need to practice more," Mandy said. "I want to see if I can buy a car for myself soon.

"I'll give you some driving lessons then do not worry," he told her, stroking her hand.

"I do not trust you very much, being my driving teacher, Rog. You're already driving dangerously. "She smiled.

- Red-head you offend me so - I smile - I drive well, so much so that these weeks began my course of kart driving, which will last a month and then will be driving itself. And you're going to walk with me later, in the car races.

"God forbid." She smiled. "I do not want to die early, I want to live long.

"Mandy, you offend me that way." "You look like I'm a bad driver."

"Kitty, I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you," she said. "You drive well, you're just a little crazy and you have a love affair with the gas pedal.

I smile and start to accelerate the car on the highway, startling Mandy.

"Rog, stop it," she said a little nervously.

"You said yourself that I have a love affair with the accelerator pedal of the car, there you are," he said, smiling.

"You're crazy," she said to me.

"Crazy for you." She smiled and she smiled back.

I start to beat the steering wheel of the car and I sing the excerpt of a song that I wrote for the album, but, that still has to record:

But oh, give me a good guitar

And you can say that my hair is disgrace

Or, just give me an open car.

I'll make the speed of light outta this place

Mandy looks at me in amazement and smiles.

- Is it the stretch of your song for the band's album? - She asked laughing - Of course it is, therefore, speaks of car, high speed, that is his face.

I smile at her and give her a quick kiss.

"Rog, pay attention on the road," she said seriously, and I smiled.

- My redhead hit - Smile for her - Really is the excerpt from my song for the band's album. The name of the song is Tenement Funster. I'm writing another song called Sheer Heart Attack, but, she's in the middle and I can not finish it.