Chapter 25 - Queen II / Rainbow Theater / March 1974.

Amanda's POV

Friday, March 8, 1974.

Eight in the evening. Cynthia and I are reunited at the Queen Queen's second album release party titled Queen II. The launch party is being hosted in a party hall in central London. There is the presence of family members of the band, as well as close friends, some music producers and the music press. The boys promised to give me an interview, more at the end of the launch party. Emily was present at the party with her co-worker, but she was no longer in her arrogant pose. She was afraid of the threats my father made her. She who will never again threaten me that she will repent bitterly. Besides Cyntia and I being invited by the boys, I was also at work. The boys called Cyntia to take the photos of the launch party. I was sitting with our friends in common, at a large table and at another table were the families of Roger, Freddie, Brian and John. I already knew the questions I would ask the boys. Dinner was served at ten in the evening and at midnight, the boys performed on a set stage, singing and playing some new songs from the new album. Queen II is certainly better than the first album.I've heard the whole album and I'm thrilled. They have an exorbitant talent.

During the party, I noticed a greater closeness between Roger and Emily. Shit. Until at one point Roger kissed Emily on the lips and hugged her. And then he looked at me for a moment. And I was serious and I quickly looked away.

- DEAR MANDY, WE CAN DO THE INTERVIEW NOW! Cried Freddie, startling me.

- You want to freak me out, Freddie? He said putting his hand to his heart.

"Sorry, my dear." Freddie smiled. "But the boys and I are already ready for an interview.

"I do not think Roger is ready, he's kissing Emily," he said wryly.

Freddie rolled his eyes and Brian went to call him. Freddie watched me intently and then smirked and said,

"Are you jealous of Roger, dear Mandy?"

"Of course not, Freddie," he said firmly. "Roger's a fucking womanizer, he stays with anyone he wants."

Freddie and I are very close friends and he knows me very well.

"Are you really not jealous, dear Mandy?" You're very beautiful and Roger is, and all the girls your age would like to be in Roger's arms, be the girlfriend of the blonde or kiss him on the lips. - Freddie said.

"I'm an exception dear Freddie. Roger is not my type, no matter how beautiful. Roger is a fucking womanizer and I repeat: he is not my type, I would never kiss the blonde's lips, even give me chills or be his girlfriend. - Said trying to show conviction.

Freddie was motioning for me to stop talking and when I look back on Roger and Brian. Roger looked at me and grimaced and then said coldly,

"You're not my type either, redhead, and I've never felt like kissing her or dating her, and look how I can have the woman I want, but I do not want you, so we're friends, right?

I looked at Roger ashamed and a little sad, not understanding why. He spoke in an arrogant way, as if I were abominable, ugly.

Roger crossed his arms and said sharply,

"We'd better start the interview, you demonic redhead. I do not have the whole night.

Brian, John, and Freddie looked at Roger and me.

Roger had not called me that demonic redhead in a while, and I was sad.

"How do you want sour blond?" He said wryly.

Roger looked at me seriously and there was a tense atmosphere between them. I asked the questions and they answered about the album.Roger was uncomfortable, I realized. Freddie during the interview said humbly that after the presentation at the Greybhound in Croydon that he had thrown an empty glass against one of the members of his entourage during a fit of fury, therefore, Freddie was too perfectionist and that Roger and Brian had had a serious Disagreement in a dressing room after the drummer deliberately hit the guitarist's face with a jet of hair-fixing spray.