Chapter 21 - My 21 years

November 1973

Amanda's POV

On the first and second of November, Queen performed at Imperial College two nights in a row. Had a good audience even. The boys asked Cyntia to take pictures of them at the presentation and also the famous photographer, Mick Rock, who had already taken photos of Paul McCartney, David Bowie. They asked Mick for an idea for a photo of the band's second album and photos on the back cover as well. And Mick kept passing them. This time, Cíntia will be the assistant of Mick, in the realizations of the photos. Cíntia wants to learn more with Mick Rock, who has been a photographer for some years.

On November 2, after Queen's presentation at Imperial College, he went to the dressing room and showed Freddie, Roger, Brian and John, the photo of the German actress Marlene Dietrich from the 1932 film The Shanghai Express.

- For the second album of the band, we can use this image as an example, we can reproduce this image of Marlene Dietrich, with the arms in the form of arachnid on the cover, what do you think? Mick Rock asked.

"Me," Freddie smiled openly. "I'll be Marlene."

And it was decided that Mick will do the back and cover photos and Cynthia will help him. Cyntia, meanwhile, will be responsible for taking pictures of the boys in the coming days, for the release of the tour with Mott the Hoople.

Everyone already knew that I was responsible for the spiders on stage, which I asked Mike to put them on the spot. Everyone disapproved of my attitude, including Clare, saying that Roger is terrified of spiders and something worse could have happened. Even though they were wrong, they all pardoned me, except for Roger, of course.

After the second of November, Cíntia took pictures of the boys, in the streets of London. She does a great job.

Meanwhile, I continue my studies in college, which is already reaching the end, my Spanish course that is also in the final and going to my internship in NME magazine. I'm feeling bad, very sad, for this stupid joke I did with Roger, after all, I put everything to waste. Now I realize that he really wanted my friendship, that remorse had struck him, because he had always treated me badly. He has tried a rapprochement in recent times, but I did not give him a chance and now I'm suffering the consequences. I'm stupid. I told Cynthia and Clare how sorry I was for playing such a stupid joke and even I cried in front of them. But now I realize that I will not have a chance to really be friends with Roger.

The boys go on tour Monday night, nineteen with Mott the Hoople for the UK and return only on December 7.

The days of November dragged on and the rainy season began. We are moving towards the end of autumn. Soon the winter and the Christmas season will come and I will leave for Brazil, because I will spend Christmas in São Paulo with my mother and relatives and Réveillon as well.

After the spider episode, the next weekend, we all went out together and Roger did not look at me, he did not talk to me, he completely ignored me. Roger got a lot of women in a pub and that bothered me, made me very angry and I do not understand why.

I wanted Roger to forgive me for the first time. I'm very upset. I came to hate Roger very much, I confess, but from time to time this has been changing. It seems that everything has become more of an implication. Of course I have not completely forgotten what he did to me in the past, humiliating me just because I'm a journalism student, but little by little I was seeing the other side of Roger, but in silence, without saying to him. Roger is arrogant really, arrogant often, proud, but he is also sincere, fair, true friend, likes the truth, hates injustice, helps those who need, is playful, extroverted, has also shown to be sensitive, Incredible musician, excellent drummer, sings very well, is too beautiful. His blue eyes shine brightly, his long straight black hair shines brightly, he looks sexy in a beret, with glasses, no glasses, anyway.