Chapter 56 - July 1975 - part 06

Monday, July 14, 1975

Amanda's POV

Ten a.m. I'm in the apartment, having coffee with Cynthia. My friend asked the bills as a NME magazine photo because of me. I asked her not to do this. I called my mother and explained everything that had happened. My mother begged me to spend some time in São Paulo / Brazil with her and my relatives on her mother's side, but I told her that I will first settle things here and then I will decide what I will do. I'm glad I'm on a Masters's holiday. The Master's degree comes back in the second half of September. In December I finish my studies. I do not want teachers and students to look at me and judge me. It's been a few days since I've talked to everyone about what happened. The financial part of NME magazine has already deposited a portion of the money during the time I worked on the magazine. Now I will work at EMI Music as a journalist and Cíntia as a photographer. I asked my father to get her a job too, after all, she left the magazine because of me because she's by my side. My father, who is very fond of Cynthia, got a place for her as well. Cíntia will be responsible for taking pictures of all contracted EMI Music artists and I will be responsible for interviews, writing articles about EMI Music contracted artists and then magazines and newspapers will hire my work to be published in the music media. And I will earn triple the salary I earned in NME magazine.

After breakfast, I go back to my room and lie on my bed. I'm melancholic, depressed. Cynthia goes after me.

"Mandy, come on, come on, get up from this bed. You had your breakfast. Do you know what you're going to do now? Go take a relaxing bath, put on some very sexy clothes and let's walk, let's go, because in the next few days, we will start working at EMI Music. Let's go shopping, buy new clothes, after all from now on, the daughter of director Alex Bristley will have to walk very beautiful and sexy, because, you will be back with very important people. She said with a smile.

"I do not feel like anything, Cynthia. It does not leave my head and my heart all the offenses that Roger said to me - I commented with tears in the eyes - He wants me to die, he thinks me a slut, bitch, after all the love I gave him? After you gave it to me? Had I known, I would never have slept with Roger.

"Mandy, he's very upset with you, I did not agree with what he said about you, I'm very sad about him, but it's understandable why he said all this. Roger is impulsive, he felt betrayed. So he said all those barbarisms. He will repent and will one day beg forgiveness of you. - Cynthia said.

"I will not forgive you, ever!" "For me, Roger is dead, just as I am dead to him. I do not want to talk to him, never speak to him again.

"Everything is fresh, nothing like the time to heal all the wounds. The blonde loves you very much. He will forgive her and you will forgive him, because you love too, Mandy and no use denying - said Cynthia and I smile wryly.

"What I feel for him is hatred. HATE! All the hatred came back and harder, Cyntia, "I said with conviction.

Cynthia sighs defeated.

- Stop talking to Roger, okay? Since the blonde issue bothers you and makes you suffer, we'd better talk about other things. - Cynthia said. - How about we go to the salon? Why does not it change your look?

"I'm not going to paint my hair." My hair is natural red. I'm not going to paint, "Mandy said.

"I'm not talking about painting your hair, my flower, but cutting it off. Her long curly hair is beautiful, but how about we cut some more? You will be much more beautiful.

"You're right, I already know what I'm going to do," she said firmly and encouraged me to change the look a bit.

After I showered, I left with Cíntia and went to buy some clothes, new shoes, after last week, I will start working at EMI Music. We passed the hair salon and I cut back on the fulfillment of my natural red hair and now I adopted a beautiful fringe. Now I have a fringe and I looked much younger, a girl of eighteen and I smile.