Chapter 20 - Spiders / October 1973

October 1973

Amanda's POV

Finally October. As time is passing quickly. On September 13, Queen recorded on Golders Green Hippodrome, the songs Father to Son, Son and Daughter, Guitar Solo, Son and Daughter (reprise), Ogre Battle, Liar and Jailhouse Rock.

The Halloween party at the University of London this year will be held at the Goldsmiths campus of the University of London, where Cynthia and I study. We talked to the Dean of the Faculty and asked him to agree to let Queen introduce himself. He accepted and I informed the guys that it's all right the band's performance.

On Saturday, October 20, the girls and I had a pizza night at the apartment where Cyntia and I lived. The boys were invited, including Roger, at the insistence of Clare and Cynthia, because if it were up to me the blond's entrance would be barred. The girls and I prepared the pizzas late in the afternoon and at night they were all present, carrying some drinks. Freddie, Bri, Roger, and John thanked me for helping them persuade the Goldsmiths dean to play.

"Thank you very much, dear Mandy," Freddie smiled. "You're a good friend, Queen's supporter. You can always count on us. We are your friends too.

"It's an honor to help them, Freddie," he said, smiling at him. - So much so that the agor I also do part of the fan club of the band.

"Thank you very much, Mandy," Roger said, looking deeply at me. "This Queen's performance at Goldsmiths is important before we went on tour in November with Mott the Hoople for the UK.

- No need to thank, sour blond - Said smiling - I do it from the heart. I want Queen to succeed, even with you in the band.

I smile sarcastically and realize that Roger gets upset.

"Thank you for your consideration," he said in annoyance.

The girls and the boys stared at me stupefied.

- I'm kidding, blonde, sorry for the joke - I told Roger - You are an amazing musician and deserves to be the Queen. You sing very well, you play drums very well.

Roger smiled beautifully at me. Is he really sorry for everything he did to me? He who was seated in front of me got up from the chair and came to me and kissed my face.

"Thanks for the compliment, redhead." He smiled sincerely.

There was no sign of sarcasm in Roger's smile. The girls smiled. He sat down again and said:

"By the way, the pizzas are tasty, congratulations Mandy.

I just smiled in thankfulness.

After we ate the pizzas, we still had desserts and we all went to the living room to talk. Freddie, Bri, John and Roger drank beer and said they are practicing two to three times a week for a short tour and John and Rog say they try to reconcile with the Master studies.

"I need to keep my studies in Molecular Biology, I need to keep the Master," Roger said. "You need to keep the student aid from the government." With the little money I get from Queen, I can not keep myself.

"I can not imagine you in a genetics lab, Roger," he said to him, laughing. "It does not suit your profile.

Roger grimaced and said,

- Well, I always enjoyed studying the Genetics part, in college and now in the Masters I'm loving it. It's an area of ​​biology that fascinates me.

So Roger began to explain why reddest people are rarer to meet. He began to say that most redheads are freckled and have dark eyes. I'm redheaded, I have dark brown eyes, but, I do not have freckles. He gave some genetic explanations for it and everyone listened. I was impressed by Roger's intelligence.