Chapter 62 - Ridge Farm / August 1975

Amanda's POV

Monday, August 4, 1975.

Cynthia and I are in Roger's car with Brian. That's it. In the other car, Freddie is with Mary and John. There is even a truck that is carrying everything the boys will use for musical instruments, lighting as long as they record the band's new album. I'm thinking, in the car, already making some notes in my notebook. I notice Roger occasionally looking at me through the rearview mirror of the car. I just sigh, thoughtfully and continue to write.

An hour later, we arrived at our destination and the housekeeper is already leading us to the house we will be staying. We stored our bags in the rooms. I'll share the room with Cynthia.Then we all went to have coffee at the farmer's house, because he wanted to meet the boys and the small team that was accompanying the band.

"So you're Amanda Lins Bristley, daughter of Alex Bristley of EMI?" The farmer asked, smiling.

- Yes - Said suspicious - I am a musical journalist.

"Everyone already knows your fame, Mandy, you're a great journalist," said the farmer. "I know your father, he's a great man.

I smiled faintly, without any encouragement. Roger and John watch me closely. The farmer invited us to lunch with them too and we accepted. After breakfast, I leave quickly, going to the house that I am staying and Cíntia goes behind me.

- Mandy, wait, why the rush? Everyone was still talking to the farmer, "my friend said.

"Honestly, I do not want to look at Roger and John and be tried. I'm tired, my friend. "She said in a daze and I went into our room and lay down pensively and only leave at lunchtime.

On Tuesday, the 05 the boys started recording the album at Rockfield Studios and I can only say that it was the worst month of my life. The place was beautiful, wonderful, but Roger and John did not speak to me, for a moment it even hurt my heart. The days went by quickly and I was always writing the experience of the boys recording the new album and also taking care of their food. I realized that sometimes Roger wanted to talk to me, but something would stop him and I did not know how to proceed either.

To make matters worse, at the end of the month, Emily showed up at the scene, as I was off duty from the agency and it deeply irritated me. Roger and she kissed most of the time. So I broke up with Freddie, Brian and Cynthia.

"I can not stand this situation anymore. I think I'll have to find a new boyfriend quickly. "I said upset," Roger quickly forgot me.

"He did not forget her, my dear Mandy," Freddie said, smiling. "The blonde is crazy about you, he loves you very much. He's only with Emily to tease you.

"Well, he's staying with Emily, because I do not forgive him anymore. She could forgive him in everything, except to go back to dating this false, sung. - She said hurt.

Emily stayed for seven days at Ridge Farm and had to return to London.

On the last day of Queen's recording at Rockfield Studios that night, after everyone packed their bags, we were leaving the next day, we went to dinner with the owner of the farm and after the farm, everyone went to the large indoor pool And made luau. I was pensive while everyone was singing and playing the guitar. For a moment, I leave the pool, just in a bikini and decide to walk a little.

Roger's POV

It had been a while since Mandy had left the pool and it was late. The next day everyone would go back to London, too early. So I decide to go after her. After some meeting, sitting in a rocking chair on the porch in her sexy black bikini. Seeing my presence, she quickly got up and was leaving, but she dropped her butterfly clamp to the floor and I crouched down to pick her up and she did the same. At that moment our hands touched each other and we looked at each other in silence. His gaze was sad, lifeless. Mandy was a little depressed, too. I'm like that, too. At that moment, I stroked her hand and she quickly pulled away from me and stood. I stood up, too.

"Mandy, I ..." She said wanting to say everything she was feeling.

"You'd better go to bed, Roger, rest, we'll be back to London tomorrow, to your joy and Emily's happiness," Mandy said, looking at me wistfully.

God, she's feeling bad about me being with Emily. I think that going back to dating the blonde was a big mistake. I love Mandy, damn it.

Mandy walks away from me quickly, as if she's seen a demon.

To be continued.