Chapter 23 - Emily X Roger - February 1974

Amanda's POV

Friday, the first of February 1974, I landed at London's airport. Finally I returned to the capital of the United Kingdom after more than a month in São Paulo, Brazil. The holiday season and the January holidays were excellent. I made the most of it to stay with my mother, I miss her. I also went to Rio de Janeiro with my friends and cousins. I wanted to get to the carnival, but had to go back before, because of my work in the magazine. Now I'm an NME journalist, because I've finished my college. My work in the magazine starts next Monday and my Master's degree in Musical Journalism on February eleven.

Clare picked me up at the airport smiling. Cynthia was with her. She had her brother's car, Roger. They both greeted me and said how much I missed them. Cíntia did not travel to Brazil and spent the holidays and holidays in the United Kingdom.

"Tell us all about the Brazilian beaches, I see you've come back a little darker." She smiled as she drove Roger's car.

I commented to them all that conteceu good and Clare said the presentation of the Queen in Sunbury Rock Festival in Melbourne, Australia will take place the next day.

Roger's POV

Saturday, February 2, 1974.

"Get back to Frescolandia, you fags!" - They said the audience that watched the show of the band, while we carried eggs in the face, tomato, Freddie told the presents, angry,

- When we return to Australia, Queen will be the biggest band in the world!

Queen's performance at the Sunbury Rock Festival in Melbourne in Australia was a fiasco. We traveled on January 28 to Melbourne and back to London on February 3.

On February 3, returned to London.

When we arrived in London we were well received by fans and some musical magazines. What miracle is that? Among the miracles was theNME (Ne w Musical Express) that made the following comment: Queen, the second most promising new band and guess who published the matter? Mandy. Yes, the most beautiful redhead published in the magazine. Of course the boys and I thank Mandy.

"Dear Mandy, thank you for the strength the band is giving you," Freddie said, smiling.

"I agree with him, thank you for the strength you're giving us, but why is Queen the second most promising young band in England?" We should be first, Mandy - I diss and certain arrogance and Mandy rolled her eyes.

- Dutch band Golden Earring was voted first. What can I do if it was the young people they chose? "It's not my fault, Taylor.

- Ok, please come the two - said Brian approaching - Anyway worship mateira on Queen and this time with a positive slant.

Amanda walked over to Brian and hugged him and I got angry. After everything calmed down, I approached Mandy and said in her ear, softly, with no one to hear:

"Please, do not be mad at me, Mandy," he said, pulling her into a hug and she was a little angry.

"You piss me off, Taylor, but I will not be mad at you for bullshit and now we're friends," she said looking at me.

I kissed her on the top of my head.

"No matter how boring we are, we're good friends," she told him. And I do not want to miss it at all.

Mandy smiled at me, charming and kissed my face and I smiled at her.

The days went by and there was the degree collation from Mandy's Journalism faculty and now she works even in the magazine and does Master's degree.

On February 19, there was a problem with the promotional copies of Rebel, Rebel, David Bowie and he should be present at the Top of the pops, but failed then the program director contacted the representatives of Queen And recorded the song Seven Seas of Rhye for Top of the Pops and it aired on television on February twenty-first.