Chapter 44 - March 1975 / Part 03

Olivia POV

Monday, March 31, 1975

After another day of work in NME magazine, I'm thinking, because I have not figured out who Mandy is dating. While working on the magazine, she does not put on the engagement ring, but of course, outside she uses it. Since the day I saw her with the engagement ring, I hired someone to follow her or see something suspicious, but so far nothing at all.

I'm thinking about who I can call for help to discover this mystery. I think of many people, until suddenly I have a great idea, a great idea. I look at the clock. It's six o'clock. I leave my office and see Mike, ready to leave. I know that Mike likes Mandy, but that he did not want to know about him, he gave it a go and the dark man has not got over it.

"Mike, please, before you leave, can you come by my room?" I'd like to talk to you.

"Yes, Olivia, I'm coming," Mike said.

"Okay, I'll wait for you." I smile at him, and at that moment I see Mandy walking past.

"Have a good night, Olivia," Mandy said politely, looking at me.

"I'm sure to have a great night, Mandy. Good evening to you too, "he said, smiling at her, and Mandy looked at me suspiciously.

Damn it, she will not even know what I'll do or what I want with Mike.

A short time later, Mike appears in my office and I ask him to close the office door.

"Well, Olivia, how can I help you?" - Mike said.

"Mike, I've realized how competent you are, how intelligent you are, and how Mandy likes you. Are you in love with her?" I asked innocently.

"Is it so visible that I'm in love with Mandy?" But she did not want to hear from me, Olivia. She dismissed me - Mike said annoyed.

"Did she dismiss you because you're in love with someone else?" Maybe that's the reason, do not you think? - I asked.

"Well, for now, I have not seen Mandy dating anyone, I think she's single," Mike said.

"I disagree and I believe she is dating, but without anyone knowing," he said with a wry smile.

"And how are you so sure, Olivia?" Give me a damn good reason to think that, "Mike said.

I smile victoriously and comment everything with him what I've seen, about Mandy's compromise alliance and Mike gets livid, and I swear for a moment, I thought he was going to faint.

"Are you all right, Mike?" I hope you're well, please, "I told him.

"I'm fine, but I can not believe Mandy's compromise alliance. - Mike said irritably - But if she is compromised, why do not you want anyone to know that? And who is the person?

"So I do not know, but who knows in time, we can get some information, just help me and do what I ask, what do you think, Mike?" I asked him.

"And what do you want me to do, Olivia?" Mike asked.

I told him what I want him to do and he accepts it.

"I'll do what you ask, Olivia," Mike said.

"Great, Mike." I smile at him.

Amanda's POV

I noticed that Olivia called Mike to talk to him and he walked into our boss's office. I did not like that. Something is happening. Olivia never called Mike to talk to him.

The two are up to something, I just hope it's not something to do with me. I'll have to find out.

To be continued.